* This position is work from home until we reopen the Ruby offices. See working conditions for more.
If your true calling is to make other people’s day, we want to hear from you! Every day we come ready to fight the good fight against impersonal service and automated voice systems. We embrace the charge to help our thousands of small business customers grow their businesses and ultimately to make the world a better place.
What is a Virtual Receptionist?
Our proprietary technology enables us to be a virtual extension of our customers’ teams, and make a direct impact on their businesses every day. If you’re a speedy typer who loves tech, and customer service, read on!
For more details about working for Ruby and the Virtual Receptionist role, check out our Careers site: ruby.com/careers
As an extension of our customers’ teams, the Receptionist role is one of the most important at Ruby. Every interaction is an opportunity to carry out our mission of creating and perpetuating real, meaningful connections in an increasingly technology-focused, virtual world.
Top 5 Accountabilities
- Adhere to Ruby’s call-handling expectations, accurately completing over 200 calls per day, limiting personal bias while answering calls professionally in your own Ruby tone.
- Create exceptional caller experiences that delight and WOW by seeking opportunities to make meaningful connections with customers and callers. WOW them!
- Maintain accuracy, mindfulness, and a strong attention to detail in written communication. Cross “T’s” and dot “I’s,” use proper spelling, grammar, and logical message composition. Communicate professionally and with personality.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment. Toggle between two screens and utilize multiple applications simultaneously, while delivering exemplary caller experiences.
- Precisely and consistently follow call-handling instructions on every call. Provide detailed, accurate notes and messages from callers, and take ownership of mistakes when they happen.
Your Work DNA
- You display a certain ease and grace under pressure. Your positivity and can-do attitude are amplified when you are handling multiple tasks at once. You are adaptable and coachable.
- You diligently follow instructions yet are comfortable going off-script when the situation calls for it. You take pride in representing our customers and providing a fantastic virtual first impression for a wide variety of businesses.
- Your ability to understand and anticipate your customer’s need, often in advance of them asking the question, leads some people to think you are a mind reader. You are service-oriented.
- Your laser-focus and high attention to detail allow you to accurately depict the spirit of a message, while distilling the content to ensure it is concise, relevant, and meaningful to coworkers and to the customer. You are incredibly well-written.
- You are a team player, both reliable and present in your role. Your Coach and teammates can count on you to do what you say you’ll do.
- You are positive and professional with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus!
Requirements for Working Remotely
- Internet bandwidth to support systems and applications remotely
- Run a speed test to test your internet – any site will do! This one works well: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Minimum required speeds: 20 mbps download / 5 mbps upload (10 mbps recommended)
- Direct access to your router via Ethernet cable (Ethernet cable will be provided; best connection <50 ft. but can go up to 100 ft.)
- Dedicated workspace with limited distractions
- Ability to maintain a predictable and consistent schedule
Normally work takes place in an open office, call center environment with a diverse employee population. Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely for at least the next few months. If folks are productive and happy working from home and are located in one of the states we currently employ hourly folks (OR, WA, MO, KS), this position can remain remote. In order to meet the demands of running our technology remotely, remote Receptionists need to have internet bandwidth sufficient to run our systems, listed above.
This is a coverage position that requires the ability to work a predictable and consistent schedule. It requires the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time, using finger/hand dexterity to manipulate a keyboard/mouse in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. It requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone, and by computer. This position may travel between office sites occasionally to attend meetings or provide backup phone coverage.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!