About the position
At Wellthy, we dream of the day when taking care of the sick and the elderly becomes seamlessly human and tech powered. Wellthy is evolving the way we take care of each other by building a better healthcare experience for people with complex, chronic, and aging concerns.
In the Virtual Care Associate role, you will work directly with Wellthy Care Coordinators to assist with various tasks to support families and individuals all over the US and address their unique care needs. Tasks could include anything from helping them organize a care plan, finding the right provider, managing medical bills, making appointments, tracking medications, vetting facilities, navigating insurance, medical bills, and more. You will report to a supervisor and partner closely with Care Coordinators to complete daily tasks.
You will drive the following efforts
- Provide remote assistance to coordinators and managers in helping Wellthy customers, using your expertise and know-how to perform caregiving-related tasks.
- Support with improving and updating Wellthy guides and Community Resources.
- Other non-client-specific work including, but not limited to: feedback and guidance on Wellthy’s product, service, guides, etc.; contribution to the team culture; writing and advising for marketing materials; and support and teamwork for other service team members.
Who we’re looking for
We are prioritizing candidates with heavy experience in the following areas, so please be sure to highlight the relevant experience in the bio portion of your application:
- Low-Income Housing: 2-5 years of experience working in a professional capacity assisting with the low income housing process. Extensive knowledge of HUD and Section 8 is required
- Finding and vetting long-term care facilities across the US: knowledge of different types and levels of living facilities is required
- Experience in mental health: locating mental health providers (therapists/psychiatrists), knowledge of mental health & substance abuse residential facilities, general knowledge of diagnoses, and locating groups
- Work experience in healthcare or caregiving field, as well as customer service or administrative experience
- Associate degree or equivalent required
- Proficiency in more than one language is a plus
- Proficiency with macOS systems, GSuite, Slack, and 1Password
This is a remote position, so you can work from any location that is:
- Private, with secure (not public) internet and phone access
- Suitable to safely and securely accommodate the sensitive information that you will be handling and communicating
Training and certification
In the first two weeks as an Associate, you will participate in various training exercises and sessions, both self-guided as well as collaborating with other Associates and Specialists.
Benefits and paid time off
You shall be eligible to participate in the benefits as full-time team member of the Company:
- Great choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options including flexible spending accounts (FSA) + health spending accounts (HSA)
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous maternity + paternity leave
- Free access to Wellthy’s services for your own family’s care
- 401(k) plan
- Free annual subscription to Whil
- Commuter benefits
- Wellthy swag
- Mac laptop computer for business purposes
You will be granted a right to purchase shares of the Company’s common stock.
The starting wage is $15 per hour of work (including training).
Wellthy is a healthcare concierge service. We use dedicated care coordinators and our seamless technology platform to project manage healthcare for families with sick and aging loved ones. Wellthy takes the pain out of healthcare – scheduling appointments, finding the right specialists, researching treatment options, managing insurance, organizing records, communicating with family members and much more. For employers, Wellthy promises to reach, support, and improve productivity of caregiving employees.
Related Jobs (61)
Online Full-Time Faculty – Computer Science on November 26, 2020