Category: Alumni Relations
University Alumni Navigators are responsible for providing support and resources to students during weeknights and weekends. Navigators will provide 1:1 student support through chat, webform, and email. Navigators will run group sessions on a variety of student success strategies. Navigators guide students who may need assistance finding a resource or service, using NCU technology, or have general student success questions.
The Navigator position is part-time. Navigators must be available to work a combination of weeknights and weekends Pacific Stand Time.
- Respond to student questions using the LibAnswer and LibChat platforms.
- Assist students in navigating University platforms, resources, and services using the LibAnswer and LibChat platforms.
- Provide support and guidance on student success topics (time management, communication, study habits etc.) using the LibAnswer and LibChat platforms.
- Implement best practices in working with adult online students at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Effectively respond quickly and accurately to student inquiries.
- Assist students in becoming autonomous, self-directed learners.
- Create an environment that supports learners of all backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Create a personalized experience for each student via live chat/email/Zoom.
- Stay current with university policy and procedure.
- Facilitate student success workshops.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience
- Degree from National University required with no major Academic Integrity Violations or Student Code of Conduct Warnings or Violations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a student support/customer service role.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of University platforms, resources, services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication and rapport building skills (written and verbal).
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in an online, fast-paced environment independently.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Skill in basic computer functions: email, Zoom, web-based technology, etc.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships, and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge, principles, and practices of office management/systems within a higher education environment, preferred. Demonstrates an understanding of underlying organizational issues.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines, and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrates the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization’s vision, mission, strategic goals, and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Travel: No travel required.
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
Related Jobs (88)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote