Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010690
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
The Web Designer works on the creative side of producing a website. They are responsible for designing visual elements for use online, reflecting our branding and design aesthetic. They create layouts for landing pages, product pages, homepages, category pages and other areas of the website ensuring their designs are emotionally compelling, unique, and on strategy. The position is remote.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This person will be part our Creative Team (consisting of over 25 talented people including copywriters, video editors, and graphic designers). The position will report to the Sr. Manager of Brand Design. This position works closely with the greater marketing team to create pages that will help to increase engagement and conversion within our newly designed website environment.
Their duties and responsibilities may include:
- Take a key role in the design and layout of our consumer facing webpages
- Creating wireframes for initial review by the greater marketing team to make sure they map to the overall marketing strategy
- Be able to understand user personas and have ideas for which kinds of content would be the most effective, e.g., videos, infographics, header images, charts, etc.
- Create high-fidelity comps in at least one webpage mockup tools such as; Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, AdobeXD, InVision, WebFlow etc. for the visual layout and design of web pages
(the ability to program is not necessary as this role is more design oriented)
- Experience with web content management systems and page building tools
(we currently use Adobe AEM version 6.5)
- Work within our newly developed component library and customize components as needed
- Advocate a passion for applying user feedback through various testing methods and be able to iterate based on design feedback.
- Collaborate with other designers, front and backend development teams, content owners, project managers, and other internal teams to create great user experiences
- Liaising with Copywriters, Graphic Designers, Developers and Project Management to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Create and lead best UI/UX practices and disciplines and help ensure these guidelines are followed throughout the implementation phase.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to prototype designs in interactive formats using Figma, AdobeXD, Sketch, or other similar tools.
- Understanding of best practices in designing for responsive websites with a focus on mobile first
- High-level understanding of visual design principles including color optimization, layout hierarchy, typography, and composition.
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders.
- 3 years’ experience working as a UX/UI designer, including design, development, implementation, and production deployment.
- A portfolio of examples of webpage design
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (105)
Part Time Faculty Support and Communications Facilitator on May 17, 2022 Remote