Sutherland is seeking a reliable and detail-oriented person to join us as Staff Accountant. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Staff Accountants in this role get to:
Define Sutherland’s Reputation: This position is responsible for providing a full range of accounting support for the FTP clients. The incumbent will be responsible for producing financial statements and working closely with transaction processing staff on finance/accounting matters.
Dimension & Scope: This position is responsible for providing accounting support for a large oil and gas company. The incumbent will be responsible for payment of non oil associated invoices and for working closely with transaction processing staff on finance/accounting matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Reviews, validates and processes invoices for payment related to oil and gas refining. Strong communication, organization and attention to detail skills. Collaborates with various departments to find resolution to pending issues. Maintains client confidence and protects client confidentiality. Contributes to the team dealines by completing tasks timely and accurately. A/P experience is a plus. Oil and gas experience is a plus. Works with Manager, peers and staff in the development of a customer-centered work group
Strenghten Relationships: Collaborates with business units to develop division budgets and records in financial system, works with Manager, peers and staff in the development of a customer-centered work group
Be Analytical and Creative: Executes mechanisms to measure customer satisfaction and works with Manager and staff to improve overall levels of customer service
Our most successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university with 0-3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have proficiency with various software applications programs including Microsoft Word, and Excel as well as working knowledge of financial systems
- Good grasp of fundamental accounting concepts and ability to apply that knowledge
- Knowledge/experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong customer service orientation as demonstrated in previous relevant roles
- Ability to manage relationships with employees and staff within the organization
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review financial data and produce reports and statements that meet company standards
- Initiative to take ownership of business unit accounting work to allow financial analysts to focus on providing financial support to business
- Preference for working in a service-oriented environment where continuous improvement of business processes is expected