– Looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with an aptitude to learn / open to learning new technologies.
– Some experience coding in RPG is required.
– Experience coding in .NET, and Java a strong plus.
– Would also consider a Java or .NET Developer with some RPG experience, or an RPG Developer who has or is willing to pick up some Java and/or .NET.
– Structured design and analysis skills required
– Experience utilizing IBM i API, REST Service
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Self-motivated, Quick learner
– Experience with Agile framework ideal
– Ability to work independently or as part of a team
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- Analyzes problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understands and develops functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Works with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develops, tests and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or produce SOAP or REST based services, etc.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Possesses proficiency in automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration.
- Understands Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning.
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- Strong working knowledge of modern programming languages including Java, .NET, RPG, etc.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
General Job Information
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Related Jobs (69)
Online Full-Time Faculty – Computer Science on November 26, 2020