Sr Manager Reporting and Analysis, Data Engineering
The Senior Manager of Reporting and Analysis for Data Engineering is the owner of all movement and transformation of university data. This position oversees the requirements-gathering, completion, timely delivery, and upkeep of data pipelines, reporting objects, data marts, and tables to extract and transform data from a variety of sources into useful information for analysis and reporting. The position implements methods that align with the university’s data governance goals to produce high-quality, reliable, timely, consistent, and accurate data. The role will work with stakeholders throughout the university and its partners to ensure data needs are met and that data definitions are clear and consistent.
- Manages the documentation, delivery, and upkeep of data pipelines, reporting objects, data marts, and tables to extract and transform data from a variety of sources into high-quality, reliable, timely, consistent, and accurate information for analysis and reporting.
- Assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with users to define media, frequency and audience for distribution of information
- Provides business expertise regarding the appropriate use of data elements and partners with other areas to establish and maintain common business definitions.
- Mentor and manage team members and their professional development, while balancing managerial responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, in Information Technology, Computer Science, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum five years related experience in analysis and reporting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Expert T-SQL, strong ETL experience including SSIS, APIs, batch scripting, etc., strong project management experience, intermediate Python,
- Experience in data analysis is required. Higher education experience is preferred.
- T-SQL, Microsoft Server, Python, R
- Expert data engineering and analysis
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to express complex concepts in a simple manner
- Ability to distill abstract requirements into concrete action steps
- Excellent written/oral communications
- Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to manage many simultaneous projects/details
- Ability to prioritize; organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently in a fast-moving, virtual environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with the CampusNexus student information system data architecture strongly preferred
Job Functional Area
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Related Jobs (155)
Senior Integration Architect (Java/Node.js) – REMOTE on September 6, 2021 Remote
Associate Director for Expert Guidance, First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
Program Coordinator for First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator – Remote Opportunity on September 6, 2021 Remote