TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions.
Are you someone who strives for excellence, values accountability, provides the best service, all while reflecting unwavering integrity? Our talented team members across the state follow the behaviors, beliefs and outcomes of these core values to ensure that our vision is met.
If you’re ready to join the TSTC family and make great memories please complete our application process.
Excited about modular Rails monoliths, SQL, HTML-over-the-wire architectures, NLP and Machine Learning?
Interested in helping us solve big workforce challenges?
Join our team!
- Employee will demonstrate TSTC Core values of Excellence, Accountability, Service and Integrity with internal and external stakeholders, customers, students and members of the community.
- Design and develop sophisticated, scalable, server-driven applications.
- Collect requirements, describe software features and create technical designs.
- Communicate consistently and frequently with appropriate parties regarding project status and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in software development
- Understanding of APIs and the HTTP request/response cycle
- Experience with web software security and relational databases
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to seek out and learn new tools, technologies, languages, and frameworks to best solve the challenges at-hand
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including: coding standards; code reviews; continuous integration; branch- based workflow; source control management; build processes; testing; and operations.
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience with AWS and devops as it relates to service deployments and scalability
- User Experience and Graphic design skills (color theory, typography, layout, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity and/or experience with SEO and accessibility a plus
- Familiarity with Python, machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics a bonus
Dependent on skills and experience.
Security sensitive position.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application at www.tstc.careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
Requisition ID: 36914
Related Jobs (110)
Assistant Registrar of Curriculum Alignment and Data Management I on August 3, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Undergraduate Healthcare Administration on August 3, 2022 Remote