The Social Media Specialist achieves superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic, and revenue by strategically utilizing all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. This person’s passion for social media goes beyond creating memes and following trends, instead focusing on how to enrich conversations, build community, and elevate the Ruby brand. Responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” our service by providing support to current and prospective customers, as well as capturing the essence of our thought leadership and culture. We have physical locations in Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; and Phoenix, AZ, but are open to hiring remote for this role. The Social Media Specialist will report to the Director of Strategic Communications & PR.
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification; develop accompanying policies and processes.
- Manage the company’s social media profiles, creating written, photo, and video assets that match audiences of various channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and potentially additional channels (Quora, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.)
- Optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of Ruby’s social content.
- Write, edit, proofread, and post new content for social according to Ruby’s brand guidelines.
- Implement social media campaigns, track results and report on success in achieving outlined objectives.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community. Respond to customer inquiries and support requests, escalating as necessary.
- Build Ruby’s online reputation through proactive outreach to influencers in key markets and demographics and participation in relevant forums and groups.
- Work closely with Graphic Designer to create compelling visuals that engage social media followers.
- Collaborate with Marketing teammates, senior management, and other project stakeholders on social campaigns.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
Your Work DNA
- You are an exceptional communicator across a variety of audiences and mediums. You exercise good judgement and discretion when sharing information.
- You are able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and good nature.
- You are driven, with a high level of initiative and enjoy working with minimal supervision in a highly collaborative environment, engaging the right stakeholders.
- Desire to be ahead of the curve and passion for staying current on the latest strategies and tactics of social media practices and trends. A curious learner.
- You nerd out in the data, looking for trends and themes, and use it to inform decisions and influence change when needed.
- You are confident deciphering the key messages through the noise to find what our community cares about and needs to know, then develop content to match.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Experience establishing and reporting on social metrics, required
- Strong proofreading and editing skills, required
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred
- Experience with B2B social media marketing, preferred
- Working knowledge of social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, etc.), preferred.
- Experience with HubSpot and social advertising, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing/PR, Communications, or Business and 1-3 years’ experience in managing social media for brands, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While we’re all remote currently due to COVID, work typically takes place in an open office setting. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and computer.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Related Jobs (109)
Principal Software Engineer – Risk Services and Fraud on December 20, 2020 Remote
Analyst – Website Security Support I – Incident Response on December 20, 2020 Remote