Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Northeastern Strategic Enrollment Initiatives (SEI) is seeking a ServiceNow Developer/Administrator. This role will report through Enrollment Management, while being embedded with the Service Management & IT Operations team within the Information Technology Services division. This role is specifically tasks with handling maintenance, management and new development for the CSM application on the ServiceNow platform, which is currently used by the three major customer-facing offices in Enrollment Management, with plans for future expansion. You will be responsible for core system configuration, gathering and documenting requirements with customers, development on the ServiceNow platform, and leading development efforts. You’ll play an integral role in success of the critical system enabling customer service transformation and management of increased service volume at Northeastern.
- Perform ServiceNow implementation tasks including but not limited to configuration, integration, orchestration, and custom application development.
- Communicate ServiceNow process, operations, and capability information to all levels of management effectively.
- Perform and/or manage the installation and testing of vendor-provided updates and new releases
- Work with users to identify and refine business requirements and workflows
- Work with ServiceNow architects to design and lead ServiceNow integrations and orchestration activities, partnering with business partners and technical teams for implementation.
- Identify and define business solutions for users that are aligned with best practices on the ServiceNow platform (i.e. limiting custom code, demonstrating good development practice, and adhering to licensing requirements).
- Developing clear and concise technical documentation
- Performing day to day administration of the ServiceNow platform, including making approved changes to process and workflows, troubleshooting incidents and fulfilling support requests, and ensuring the overall health of the ServiceNow platform.
- Minimum 3+ years of direct experience as a ServiceNow Admin or application owner, configuring core ServiceNow modules including Customer Service Management, core ITSM (Change, Incident, Request), Portal, Performance Analytics, and APIs. CSM and API experience is required for this role.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional level IT experience which includes demonstrated experience in developing and/or modifying new and existing applications, including requirement analysis, design, code, test, debug, implementation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated advanced scripting/reporting capability.
- Demonstrated experience related to databases, programming and content management frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service processes, operations and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and learn new concepts quickly.
- Able to function well in a fast-paced and adaptive environment.
- Experience in producing enterprise level reports, including compiling data from several different sources.
- Experience with processes involving problem identification, recovery, escalation and resolution.
o ServiceNow CIS-CSM certification
o AngularJS experience
o Familiarity with OpenFrame CTI integrations, such as Five9, 3CLogic or similar
o Working knowledge of one more of the following systems which are currently integrated with the CSM application in ServiceNow:
o Banner, PowerFAIDS, Sunapsis, Five9
- Higher education experience is a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507500
Related Jobs (19)
Mathematical Statistics Practice Question Writer (Contract) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote
Clinical Instructor-PMHNP(Eligible for $2,500 sign on Bonus) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote