Remote – Texas
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Remote work, Texasto do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The 5G Layer 2 Senior Software Developerwill be a key member of a brand new, built from the ground up R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions and work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Work with team management and other development and test groups to develop an implementation plan and design for the 5G Layer 2 software
- Work with network core, Central Unit and Radio Unit teams to define interfaces and functional splits. Define and architect solutions allowing for scalability of Layer 2, CU & DU solutions for various RAN deployments
- Work with management to drive an Agile culture and environment
- Work with management to establish implementation assignments for SW developers
- Work closely with the verification group to ensure the completeness, quality and performance of the implemented DU & L2 functionality
- Mentor less experienced DU & L2 developers
- Experience working in a 4G/5G development team; DU & 4G/5G Layer 2 development experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in 4G and 5G layer 2 protocols and standards
- Knowledge of 3GPP and ORAN standards and interfaces
- Be an organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, with a team focused mentality
- C/C++ Programming Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Software-Engineer Remote EngineeringJob ID: R100844