San Francisco, California | Scottsdale, Arizona | Tempe, Arizona | Kirkland, Washington
GoDaddy powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We’re a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We’re empowering them to change the world if it doesn’t quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they’ve been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy’s Data Capabilities team is building a robust data processing system that enables teams to harness the power of data to deliver outstanding customer experiences and drive impactful business results. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will help to design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that empowers other engineers to effectively build and run batch and streaming data pipelines.
We have lots of exciting technical challenges in areas such as distributed systems and scale, real-time streaming, databases (SQL/NO-SQL), security, and more. Creative problem solving, strong development skills, excellent communication and soft-skills, and a strong sense of ownership will be important for success. We value our people just as much as our results and work hard to maintain a supportive and people-focused team culture.
You’ll work Kirkland, WA or Tempe or Scottsdale, AZ or the Bay Area. Your manager is in Kirkland, WA.
What you’ll get to do
- Implement a self-service, distributed Data Lake (data mesh) and Platform
- Design, implement, and maintain core data pipeline features
- Collaborate on a high impact, mission-driven Scrum team
- Champion for customer experience, quality and best practices
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source
Your experience should include
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree, with excellent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
- Understanding of common distributed systems problems and solutions
- Understanding of common database technologies, including NoSQL and SQL
- Understanding of operating system concepts and their application to troubleshoot hard problems
- Passion for building great software with solid test infrastructure
- Familiarity with open-source technology stack and practice
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Experience with large scale data processing systems (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Beam)
You might also have
- Experience with AWS products/services
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Related Jobs (109)
Principal Software Engineer – Risk Services and Fraud on December 20, 2020 Remote
Analyst – Website Security Support I – Incident Response on December 20, 2020 Remote