Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S., 11 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $17 billion in savings from medical bill review for workers compensation claims, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
Conduent is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager with strong experience working with State and Local Government proposals. The role is remote and the person can be located anywhere in the United States. Occasional travel will be required in the future.
Must be able to manage entire proposal process for complex State and Local Government proposals from kickoff meeting to proposal delivery. Must ensure 100% compliance with proposal requirements; 100% of proposals must be submitted by client-provided deadline. Establish and maintain a compliant outline, a proposal schedule, a compliance matrix (as necessary), style convention guidelines, and be adept at overall RFP analysis. Ability to manage more than one proposal at a time is a must. Willingness to work extended hours and assist other proposal team staff in meeting deadlines. Proofreading skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to handle stressful situations. Must be very dependable and possess exceptional customer service skills.
Must have experience as a proposal manager in a proposal management organization for at least five years.
- Analyze the RFP and make associated proposal process and content judgments
- Provide guidance to capture manager/sales lead and assigned LOB and proposal center staff for compliance and a compelling response
- Define style conventions based on proposal center standards and the RFP
- Establish and maintain proposal schedule, compliant outline, and compliance matrix (as necessary)
- Create, as needed, requirements and compliance matrices of RFP requirements (assigned production coordinator may assist in this process)
- Approves template, cover, spine, tab, and label content (text and artwork)
- Gathers and submits RFP questions
- Plans and leads kick-off, status meetings, and all color reviews
- Ensure proposal compliance with RFP requirements
- Initiates and ensures RFP and appropriate proposal sections are reviewed by legal, contracts, and insurance groups (working with capture manager/sales lead)
- Ensures completion of required forms by the appropriate personnel
- Coordinates formal reviews and prepares review packages and provides necessary guidance
- Establishes and maintains the on-line workspace
- Coordinates with and supports graphics and production efforts
- Reviews all sections
- Signs off on all final sections for print
- Ensures on time production and communicates delivery plan
- Leads book check review
- May manage multiple proposals in the same timeframe
- Travel to Mclean VA or Germantown MD as necessary for reviews and production
- Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude, and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- 5 or more years of experience with state and local government bids required (Federal only does not qualify).
- Thorough and detail oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to take ownership of the entire proposal and ensure a compelling and consistent message
- Strong project management skills
- Expert in Microsoft Word
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Strong proposal design skills to communicate information with impact
- Ability to juggle simultaneous bids at various stages and with various complexities
- Ability to coordinate with sales, consultants, and subject matter experts
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.