One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
Here’s more information about the job you clicked on:
Southern New Hampshire University is hiring remotely in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Learning Experience Engineer designs, develops, tests, revises, and implements reliable, evidence-based, scalable, high-quality solutions in collaboration with subject matter experts and cross-departmental stakeholders and consults with other learning design teams on the scaffolding and assessment of learning to support achievement of competencies and skills. By creating human-centered and goal-oriented learning experiences, they build architectures and tools to apply findings on learning, cognition, and human development. This position is expected to have a breadth of expertise in instructional design, assessment, educational technology, competency-based education, game-based learning, learning experience design, user experience design, and learning management systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and improve learning solutions drawing from research-based efforts in learning science and educational technology
- Prototype solutions for new and emerging models related to competency-based education, micro-credentials, workforce solutions, and flexibly paced learning
- Use research-based practices and equity-centered design to ensure solutions are learner-centered and support personalization.
- Design robust, well-aligned, and valid assessment methods across all aspects of the learning solutions.
- Collaborate with user testing and user research teams to evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions through user testing, learner analysis, and feedback sources.
- Consult and provide support for development and continuous improvement to operationalize design models
- Research and promote best practices and scalable solutions for the build and ongoing management of learning experiences.
- Facilitate curriculum design, content creation, learning modalities and framework, learning resources, mapping methods, workforce skills research and analysis.
- Practice human-centric language and awareness of user-experience design standards to ensure content is optimized for learners and other users (faculty, support staff).
- Proficiency in accessibility standards and quality assurance to increase accessibility of content.
- Develop and create multimedia and interactives with demonstrated proficiency in design, production, and editing techniques.
- Contribute strategic insight into programmatic design specifications and assessment models.
- Communicate regular project reports and is self-accountable for maintaining project status and updates.
- Proactively explore, research, and identify new design solutions.
- Interpret data and inputs from multiple sources to make design decisions in curriculum.
- 6+ years of experience in related roles across educational industries: instructional technology, instructional design, online program management, faculty development, and/or teaching
- Direct knowledge and experience with educational technology and systems: LMS systems, course-ware platforms, and authoring/design tools (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- In-depth, practical knowledge of online learning models, preferably in competency-based programs and/or alternative learning models and pathways
- Adaptability to changing project landscapes, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to collaborate in team-based and agile environments
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Maintains skillsets in current and emerging e-learning design software, techniques, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Professional office environment. Sedentary work: Requires remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
Will this position have the authority to hire, discharge, assign, direct, or discipline other employees or effectively recommend such action on behalf of SNHU?
If yes, please indicate the employees the incumbent will supervise.
* Faculty and/or Staff Employees
* Student Employees
* Adjunct Instructors
Does this position effectuate, control or implement university policies or have discretion in the performing of its duties independent of established policies?
Confidentiality, Labor Relations, and Negotiations Component:
Will the incumbent act in a confidential capacity to persons who exercise managerial functions in the field of labor relations or have access to confidential information concerning anticipated changes that may result from negotiations?
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Related Jobs (16)
Business Intel Architect – Eligible for Remote/Hybrid Work on June 23, 2022 Remote
Web Designer – External Relations – Part-Time Temporary (Remote) on June 23, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Graphic Design and Media Arts on June 22, 2022 Remote