Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
**Internal WGU candidates must submit their application by 8/24 to be considered**
The Senior Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for communications between Program Development’s leadership, College leadership, strategic partners, and employees. This role develops messaging platforms and programs that inform, engage, and inspire our employees to ensure they have the information they need to be successful in their roles. This role will also provide strategic support to executives to build their personal leadership brand and communication strategies to align their teams on our strategy, goals, and priorities.
The Senior Internal Communications Specialist will their communications skills to amplify WGU’s culture and strategic vision and mission, help to champion connections among teams and drive business results through communications that leave employees energized, informed, and encouraged to do their best work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the internal communications strategy and results, with a strong focus on driving business alignment and engagement programs through various applications such as online events, SharePoint, print, videos, audiocasts, etc.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level the internal communications programs
- Drive and assist with executive communication programs among our department leaders and university stakeholders, including driving awareness and excitement around impactful innovations, news, and product strategy
- Plan and run employee engagement events such as department all-hands, webcasts, and Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions
- Build a trusted partnership with the executive team
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative, inspiring, compelling, and aligns with corporate messaging
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to execute a comprehensive plan to ensure seamless communications
- Build and manage a communications editorial calendar
- Measure the success of the communications programs
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative storyteller, editor, and writer who has skills across mediums including newsletters, slide creation, and visual design
- Can navigate situations professionally and calmly
- Excellent at coordinating a communications plan across multiple stakeholders
- Extremely sharp attention to detail and a high bar for quality content
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately
- Strong collaboration, partnership, and project management skills
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or related field of study
- Have 8+ years of experience in internal and/or external communications
- A track record of delivering successful internal communications programs with measurable outcomes
- Knowledge of industry best and emerging practices for engaging employees
- Experience working directly with senior leaders and all levels of an organization
- Experience building and maintaining an editorial calendar and executive communications strategies
- Trusted partner who can keep news and information under strict confidentiality
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (19)
Mathematical Statistics Practice Question Writer (Contract) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote
Clinical Instructor-PMHNP(Eligible for $2,500 sign on Bonus) on November 11, 2021 Part Time Remote