LOCATION – REMOTE FROM HOME/ANYWHERE IN US
TYPE – F/T SALARIED + YEARLY BONUS
TRAVEL- CURRENTLY 0% (POTENTIALLY 25% IN FUTURE)
*WE ARE SEEKING A SENIOR INTEGRATION ARCHITECT THAT HAS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH JAVA/EE, NODE.JS DEVELOPMENT.
About the opportunity
The Ellucian Professional Services team is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and collaborative Senior Integration Architect to help customers build integration infrastructure to help our SaaS and Data Integration strategy. This impactful and visible role requires someone who can build great relationships and strategy for Ethos Integration, the central nervous system of the modern Higher Education-connected campus.
This role is critical as we build our next-generation services and capabilities to mature our solution on the cloud. This role will assist our key technology strategy while directly responsible for services architecture integrating a number of our products/solutions across the enterprise. This opportunity is a high-impact and high-visibility opportunity to bring in your expertise and make a difference.
Where you will make an impact
- Schedule and conduct meetings with customer representatives to understand their requirements and capture those requirements accurately for use in downstream phases of the software development life cycle.
- Be able to identify appropriate technologies for the solution given the constraints of the client environment.
- Propose architectures that are cost-effective and in line with Ellucian’s desired product direction.
- Provide project guidance and coordination with offshore resources to complete projects on-time and within budget constraints.
- Prepare concise technical documents that accurate describe project requirements and specifications for delivery.
- Work with a dynamic team of developers and other peers to Architect, build and test the processes according to the prepared specifications
- Prepare accurate and detailed estimates for integrations and sales proposals.
- Demonstrated aptitude in problem solving techniques.
- Ability to deconstruct complex technical structures to perform root cause analysis in troubleshooting application and integrations issues.
- Stay current with Ellucian applications
- Provide mentorship to junior developers and assist other Professional Services teams.
- Have an aptitude to learn new technologies with an eagerness to constantly improve the practice.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience working with application development frameworks e.g.: Java / Groovy / Grails, Node.js, React.js, AngularJS
- Demonstrated experience in database applications i.e.: Oracle / PLSQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Demonstrated experience in web service development and integration patterns using REST or SOAP, JMS messaging, Request/Reply and Pub/Sub models.
- A minimum of four years of experience working in a software development field.
- Complex integration architecture and design experience.
- AWS experience for developing serverless architecture (not required/plus to have)
- Exhibits a strong sense of ownership for individual work assignments
- Strong communication and analytical skills with demonstrable presentation and professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working independently with little direction to achieve team and project goals, as well as a desire and ability to work remotely in a team environment via phone or other electronic communication tools.
- Possesses an established, effective method for tracking and completing tasks on time.
- Experience working within a collaborative team-based work environment.
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree required. MS degree is preferred.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan – to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 3533
Hiring Type: Full – Time
Level of Experience: Senior Level
Travel Required: None