Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
****INTERNAL POSTING UP UNTIL 10/3/2022****
Essential Functions and Responsibilities – List of significant responsibilities and essential duties that must be completed in order to achieve the objectives of the position
- Analyzes and interprets diverse sets of educational data using a variety of statistical methods
- Uses SQL, Python, R, or Scala to clean, manipulate, and transform data for analysis
- Reports, explains, and presents statistical analyses using graphs, charts, and tables
- Applies understanding of learning science to develop methods for measuring student learning and engagement
- Uses understanding of data collection to design and implement new methods of measurement
- Stays informed of emerging trends in learning science, learning analytics, and data science
- Clearly communicates with users to assess needs and requirements for data products
- Designs and maintains Tableau dashboards
- Pitches value of potential data products using functioning proofs-of-concept
- Works across academic colleges and programs to provide valuable data-informed insights on trends of performance metrics
Required Education and Experience – Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc.
- Master’s degree in learning science, data analytics, behavioral or cognitive psychology, statistics, or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- 1+ years building dynamic, interactive dashboards
- 1+ years working with relational databases
Required Skills – Required proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data and trends to stakeholders
- Ability to manage tasks independently while working in a team environment
- Ability to use SAS, R, or Python to run multivariate and other statistical analyses
- Ability to create data dashboards and visuals using a tool like Tableau
- Ability to create datasets for analysis & reporting using SQL, Python, R, or Scala.
- Ability to explain analysis results to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing data projects
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (9)
Adjunct Instructor: Quantitative Business Analysis on November 24, 2022 Remote
Regional Recruitment Counselor – Lexington & Cincinnati-Metro Areas on November 17, 2022 Remote
Regional Manager of Student Health, Safety & Wellbeing on November 17, 2022 Remote
PT Assistant Professor – Special Education (Northern CA) on November 17, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Faculty Position in Electrical Engineering on November 17, 2022 Remote