Scottsdale, Arizona | Tempe, Arizona | Hiawatha, Iowa
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team…
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who has a passion for data and supplying their customers with insights as well as guiding their team to success. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL and scripts, are very effective and efficient at creating visual dashboards in Tableau and can use your technical skills and creative approaches to solve some unique problems in the Business Intelligence space.
This is a unique position in the analytics organization as you’ll be working on a project – Venture Forward – that directly connects outputs of your work to politicians, policy makers, journalists and academic leaders across the country. This project has already been featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, CNBC and The Hill. We have an extensive growth plan in 2021 and beyond and the ideal candidate will help deliver that plan. This is truly an opportunity to make a difference.
Learn more about Venture Forward on our website at http://www.godaddy.com/ventureforward
Location: This role can be located anywhere in United States.
What you’ll get to do…
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, and grow our revenue.
- Analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on significant amounts of data and build end-to-end reporting solutions to support company initiatives.
- Have experience using data mining techniques to drive product strategy, reduce customer attrition and find new revenue opportunities.
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, website behavior, etc.
- Work with a team of analysts in the collection and dissemination of company performance via multiple reporting tools/methodologies.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to cross functional groups.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components.
- Write and create custom reports.
Your experience should include…
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL (SQL, HiveQL) including optimization
- 3+ years of experience working with either a Hadoop and/or an MPP system.
- 2+ years of experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with open source Data Science tools (Python, R, PySpark – preferred)
- Familiarity with ETL implementation and maintenance and a working understanding of schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques including regression, trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, etc.)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
You may also have…
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
We’ve got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.