Application Due: Open Until Filled
Category: Other Administrative Positions; +1
Minerva Project collaborates with educational institutions, corporations, nonprofits, and governments to design and deliver transformational educational programs at the high school, higher education, and professional levels. Our mission is to nurture critical wisdom for the sake of the world, because nothing is more pressing than effectively equipping current and future generations to make wise decisions that positively affect society.
Our programs integrate highly intentional curriculum design, pedagogy based on learning science, outcomes-driven assessment and formative feedback, and experiential learning to support applied practice. Our proprietary Forum learning platform is a sophisticated virtual environment that enables instructor facilitated, collaborative learning, and gathers actionable data on student progress and engagement. We partner with a wide range of institutions globally that serve diverse audiences of students. Our team is an experienced group of academics and education professionals who are passionate about student-centered education and believe that institutions need new approaches to innovate and evolve.
Minerva is on a strong growth trajectory fueled by the increased demand for innovative learning solutions. We are looking for an experienced academic or education enterprise leader to join us as a Senior Academic Director for our higher education partnership programs. In this role, you will draw on your leadership experience in higher education to engage with senior partner stakeholders (presidents, provosts, deans, executive administrators), support business development efforts, oversee overall relationship management for complex projects, and guide our delivery team to help assure the success of our partnerships.
You may be a good fit for this role if you are an experienced academic leader (department chair, assistant dean, or program director) or someone who has worked in a leadership capacity at an education focused company or non-profit (e.g., ed tech or education services provider).
High level responsibilities include:
- Owning relationships with senior partner stakeholders
- Supervising and mentoring academic staff
- Overseeing the work of delivery teams by reviewing deliverables, proposing solutions to logistical or stakeholder relationship challenges
- Proactively identifying and mitigating potential partnership challenges, as well as opportunities for revised or expanded scope in partnerships
- Contributing to team leadership and strategic planning to support business growth and efficient program operations
- Supporting business development efforts by engaging with stakeholders from prospective partners
Qualifications/Prior relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years experience working in academic, education enterprise, or non-profit organizations
- 5+ years in leadership roles in education managing complex projects
- Experience managing relationships with senior academic stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of the incentive structures and business models of academic institutions
- Graduate degree in business or education, or a Ph.D. in any academic discipline
- Teaching and/or research experience in higher education
- Client facing leadership roles in non-profit or private enterprise education organizations, particularly consulting or educational technology
- Experience working internationally within higher education
Strong candidates will have:
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills within complex organizations
- Confidence to make independent decisions and delegate appropriately
- Experience developing talent through coaching and mentoring
- The ability to evaluate and anticipate business opportunities and risks in the context of higher education
- An understanding of budgets and financial models
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time-management skills
- Excellent self-awareness, communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
This is a remote position, for candidates who are based within 1 hour of North American time zones.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Health, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Equity opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Laptop for work use
Interested candidates should submit:
- A current resume
- A cover letter briefly addressing these topics:
- What is your conception of what Minerva Project hopes to accomplish in education?
- Why would this role be a good fit for you at the current stage of your career?
- What skills and experience would you bring that would allow you to be successful in this role?
- Contact information for three references