Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We are looking for a Sales Administrative Assistant to support our revenue team: Sales, Account Management, and Sales Development. The position will primarily support the COO, Natan Edelsburg, and the Senior Sales Director, Matt Darling. The ideal candidate should be interested in spending at least the next 2 years in an administrative/operational role at a fast-paced SaaS company, and will gain broad experience in a wide variety of areas while growing with the company.
What you’ll do:
The role functions include, but aren’t limited to:
- 50% – Scheduling. You’ll be in charge of heavy scheduling that includes meetings across multiple time zones for prospects, customers, partnership opportunities, and also internally across all departments. You will make sure the COO and Senior Sales Director have the intel they need for these meetings. You will also assist with scheduling team events, interviews, weekly workshops, dinners, and more.
- 25% – General admin support. This includes travel booking, booking virtual and in-person meals and events, note taking during meetings, deck preparation, planning team celebrations and outings, and ordering gifts for team members, customers and prospects.
- 25% – Projects. As with any startup, there are always opportunities to take on ad-hoc projects. Some examples include tracking policy updates and drafting announcements, research as part of meeting follow ups, setting up systems to help manage out of office coverage, and helping set tasks in the CRM.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have 2+ years of administrative experience supporting at least one executive in a quickly-moving startup environment, with a strong emphasis on calendar management and travel
- Are an exceptional verbal and written communicator, both internally and with customers, with a finely tuned attention to detail
- Have excellent time and project management skills, with a keen ability to prioritize and evaluate trade offs. You can keep track of a lot of moving people and pieces without missing a beat.
- Are a proactive self-starter. You’re always thinking a few steps ahead, planning weeks/months in advance, and are ready for whatever comes your way.
- Are innately curious and are always asking questions. You know where to look for answers but will ask for help when you need clarification.
- Take feedback and quickly implement it to improve and also have confidence and conviction to make recommendations about how things can be done differently or better
- Are comfortable managing up to get timely answers and push decisions forward
- Generally tech savvy and familiar with Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack and Zoom
- Are willing to work 9am-5pm EST
Compensation for this role ranges from $21 – $24/hr based on experience, plus bonus.
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries, company-wide bonus plan, and equity
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process.