This position is regionally/locally based and conducts home visits with members to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. As an RN Care Coordinator you will provide communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communicate with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual’s needs and preferences. For members, contact shall be at a frequency of at least every 90 days, even if the member requests less frequent contact.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member’s physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements
- 1+ years of clinical experience working directly with individuals who meet the Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) target population criteria.
- RN in the state of Virginia.
- If supporting Private Duty Nursing Services, must have one year of related experience with medically complex members dependent upon life sustaining equipment.
General Job Information
Associates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications – Required
RN – Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure – Care Mgmt
License and Certifications – Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Related Jobs (50)
Medical Review Auditor Analyst II on November 26, 2020
Payment Card Fraud Call Center II on November 26, 2020
Supervisor, Customer Service (Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Inbound) – Remote/WFH on November 26, 2020 Remote
Supervisor, Customer Service (Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Inbound) – Remote/WFH on November 23, 2020 Remote