Are you self-sufficient and looking for autonomy?
Do you want to challenge your thinking process?
Would you like to work with the Nation’s top lenders?
Are you tried of inconsistent workloads throughout the year and desire a place to call home?
Well Sutherland may be the home for you
Sutherland Mortgage Services Inc. is a premier nationwide provider of end to end mortgage solutions including originations, underwriting, processing, closing, post-closing and loan servicing support. With over 30 years of experience we have developed an integrated BPO platform. Sutherland has built mutually beneficial relationships with some of the world’s most recognized companies. Sutherland Mortgage Services’ Team Players work throughout the country with our state-of-the-art Work at Home (WAH) Program. We offer an unmatched ability to deliver the highest value and greatest returns to our customers. We are a collaborative, considerate and friendly team. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. Sutherland is currently offering lucrative compensation packages for experienced Work At Home GSE Underwriters and Senior Loan Processors.
We are now hiring a Mortgage Closers who have experience in Retail or Correspondent Front Line Mortgage Closing. The closer will be responsible for preparing all closing documents consistent with internal, client and investor policies. Prior experience with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines required. Portfolio/Private Investor experience a plus.
What you will be doing?
- Reviewing the complete file and ensuring the various documents in the file are in sync with the all the others and the loan application on the system.
- Understanding the investor closing requirements before documents are drawn.
- Enter required escrow details in the platform
- Complete closing document per investor/client closing requirements and queue for attorney review if necessary
- Co-ordinate with the respective third parties and the prospective borrower to schedule the loan settlement.
- Deliver loan documents via prescribed method
- Post settlement, co-ordinate with all in order to ensure that the loan proceeds are transferred to the respective parties, including the fees payable to the client.
- Provides effective communication and quality feedback to staff and clients.
- Prepares and presents both written and verbal communication to clients and colleagues alike
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation
- Full-time, permanent work-at-home job
- Competitive paid health benefits
- Promote-from-within advancement opportunities
- Employee recognition programs.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years Mortgage Closing experience
Also important to have:
- Strong customer service skills and superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability.
- Proven interpersonal skills, ability to interact with other departments and vendors in a professional manner
- Knowledge of and proficient in conventional agency products and guidelines required
- Knowledge of mortgage industry products and processes required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Proven follow up and organizational skills
- Candidates should be open to flexible scheduling options and the ability to adapt/change as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proven initiative
- University degree preferably or work experience equivalent
- Experience in working with people on different levels
- Computer literate