Join our team as a High Net Worth Underwriter. If you have experience in self-employment, investment and rental income calculations come build a fulfilling career with Sutherland.
Industry Competitive Compensation: Competitive salaries, up to $20,000 sign-on bonus, and paid health benefits.
Longstanding Experience: With over 30 years of experience, we have built relationships with some of the world’s most recognized companies by providing end to end mortgage services solutions.
Tenured and Supportive Executives: With 20 years average tenure, our leadership team has held executive roles in top organizations in the mortgage industry.
Work for Industry Leaders: We have partnered with some of the industry’s leading mortgage lenders, including top 10 originators, regional banks, and financial services companies.
Work-life Balance: Enjoy the flexibility of working full time from home with scheduling options, and opportunities for overtime.
Growth Opportunities and Stability: We encourage career development and offer growth opportunities from within. We are constantly acquiring new programs that offer you new challenges and opportunities to learn and the flexibility of shifting to other programs.
Supportive Teams: We are a collaborative, considerate and friendly team that prioritizes having a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace.
Our HNW Underwriters are responsible for HNW credit decisions from the initial application through the complete mortgage process for Private Bankers that support their Private Wealth Managers and HNW clients.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision on each mortgage application.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied prior to funding and input information into the system.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Correspond with processors to get outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements per the commitment.
- 5 years of prior Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting Jumbo/High Net Worth loans in the $1 million to $4 million range
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they arise
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Prior AUS experience required
- Prior experience with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines required
Related Jobs (54)
IT Helpdesk Support on September 7, 2021
Remote High Net Worth Mortgage Underwriter on September 7, 2021
Associate Dean & Director, Academic Programs – IT College BSNOS on September 2, 2021 Remote