Join our team as a Senior Mortgage Underwriter. If you have experience in Retail or Correspondent Front Line Mortgage Underwriting come build a fulfilling career with Sutherland.
Longstanding Experience: With over 30 years of experience, we have built relationships with some of the world’s most recognized companies by providing end to end mortgage services solutions.
Tenured and Supportive Executives: With 20 years average tenure, our leadership team has held executive roles in top organizations in the mortgage industry.
Work for Industry Leaders: We have partnered with some of the industry’s leading mortgage lenders, including top 10 originators, regional banks, and financial services companies.
Work-life Balance: Enjoy the flexibility of working full time from home with scheduling options, and opportunities for overtime.
Growth Opportunities and Stability: We encourage career development and offer growth opportunities from within. We are constantly acquiring new programs that offer you new challenges and opportunities to learn and the flexibility of shifting to other programs.
Supportive Teams: We are a collaborative, considerate and friendly team that prioritizes having a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace.
Our Underwriters are responsible for approval/decline decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal, client and investor policies.
- Apply internal guidelines and investor guidelines to the credit decision process.
- Prioritize deals in Workflow queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision on each mortgage application.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied prior to funding and input information into the system.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Correspond with processors to get outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements per the commitment.
- 3+ years of prior Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting complex loans involving multiple income sources
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills
Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they arise
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Prior AUS experience required
- Prior experience with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Portfolio/Private Investor experience would be a plus.