Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, nontraditional university setting.
What to expect in this role:
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6 week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School.
What we’re looking for:
- Doctoral degree in Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, Education, or related field, with field experience and current BCBA or BCBA-D certification (Board Certified Behavior Analyst)
- Minimum 1 year of related practical/professional experience and/or training; online, higher education teaching experience is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications and Adobe Connect meeting technology. Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, and with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
- This posting represents multiple positions. These positions are remote (work from home) and can be worked anywhere in the U.S.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Please submit the following documents when you are ready to apply; CV/Resume & Unofficial Transcripts.
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (68)
Interactive Learning Content Developer – WGU Academy on September 24, 2022 Remote
Financial Aid Officer (Hybrid -2 days remote/temp-hire) on September 24, 2022 Remote