This position is responsible for leading and directing projects and analysis for the enterprise and/or an assigned SBU. This includes project definition, identification of goals, potential obstacles, project planning, tracking, reporting status, coordination with interfacing projects/departments, project evaluation, and project revision. Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution. Collaborates across the organization to drive projects to completion. Responsible for ensuring projects are within scope and meet time and budget targets.
- Performs analysis and project management for the enterprise.
- Performs review of project management details, schedule, change orders, and overall due diligence for appropriate operations, and consults with management to ensure overall consensus with the proposed plan/action.
- Monitors deadlines and quality of deliverables to ensure compliance with standard processes and methodologies.
- Tracks and assigns ownership of site and project level issues.
- Recommends problem resolution.
- Leads or participates in initiatives or projects that support process improvements, leveraging new system capabilities or the integration of data/other applications into existing systems.
- Works with management to implement and monitor the day to day processes.
- Analyzes operational impact of project requests.
- Assists leadership in developing business cases, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements.
- Assists leadership with establishment and facilitation of internal project management processes and tools (i.e., critical path tracking, contingency planning, operational workflow documentation/refinement).
- Communicates outline to both internal and external project team members regarding roles and responsibilities, project expectations, communication protocols and financial processes, etc.
- Partners as appropriate with various teams to complete assigned projects.
- Trains, directs and mentors to other team members.
- Gathers data to support business process enhancements and assists with prioritization of process improvement initiatives.
- Creates cost and benefit analysis.
- Reviews department budget and cost management.
- Based on assigned SBU, may lead Strategic Operations efforts around answering RFPs including maintenance and update of the proposal database questions.
- Effectively manages evolving and competing objectives using a variety of project management tools.
Other Job Requirements
- 8+ years’ experience in project management.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Product Suite, specifically Excel and MS Project.
- Depending on assigned line of business, Auto CAD (ACAD) and/or Archibus software are required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Requires experience in leading projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and have strong organization and planning skills; strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing business demands.
- Must be a results oriented individual with desire and strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to different healthcare market segments as needed.
- Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations.
- For positions supporting MRx, must have knowledge of PBM operational concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as an understanding of Pharmacy Claims processing and adjudication systems.
General Job Information
Bachelors: Business Administration (Required)
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Related Jobs (50)
Medical Review Auditor Analyst II on November 26, 2020
Payment Card Fraud Call Center II on November 26, 2020
Supervisor, Customer Service (Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Inbound) – Remote/WFH on November 26, 2020 Remote
Supervisor, Customer Service (Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Inbound) – Remote/WFH on November 23, 2020 Remote