Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010472
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
WGU seeks an experienced People & Talent Business Partner, to support our Enrollment Department- a scaled, remote, dispersed Call Center environment. We seek highly-qualified candidates with Call Center HR experience.
This Business Partner will provide strategic guidance to ensure effective planning and implementation of people initiatives. This is an individual contributor role working with and supporting all levels of leadership in Enrollment and other departments to build leadership talent, manage culture, enhance employee engagement, and ensure that decisions and actions are centered on doing the right thing. The P&T BP will also support assigned Senior People & Talent Business Partner(s) with broad generalist responsibilities. This individual will have accountability for their assigned client group’s results and is an individual with the ability to partner and influence without having official organizational people management responsibility. This individual will effectively assimilate information, identify appropriate actions or solutions, and will have a capacity for dealing with ambiguity and change. The ideal candidate for this role has passion for the employee experience, believes in employee potential, and has the humility that comes from understanding a diverse set of personal situations and limitations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Fosters and builds trusted advisor relationships with assigned business leaders in Enrollment and other WGU Departments.
- Manages complex People & Talent projects and practices cross-organizationally. This includes competency model, talent assessment, succession planning, employee engagement, career development, talent management, talent development, change management, performance management.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People & Talent team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Works closely with business leaders to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with business leaders to manage culture and enhance employee experience.
- Facilitates group learning activities and ad hoc leadership discussions to build leadership competencies.
- Provides guidance and input on restructures, workforce planning, talent selection, leadership acquisition.
- Identifies employee and leadership development gaps and collaborates with the People & Talent Learning Team to identify plans in order to close gaps.
- Participates in operational and strategic business department meetings with senior leadership.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, confidential, thorough and objective investigations leading to actions or solutions for resolution.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of people, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Spearheads people initiatives to ensure clear understanding, articulation of and application of initiative.
- Represents business group priorities/initiatives to People & Talent leadership to ensure solid understanding of business group challenges and deliverables.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of People & Talent policies, processes and procedures and successfully applies them to people situations.
- Demonstrates solid business acumen – develops a deep understanding of WGU, as well as assigned business groups.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of People & Talent processes, policies and procedures.
- Navigates the systems and internal WGU processes to support WGU’s mission, People & Talent strategic initiatives, and assigned business group objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of employment law and other state and federal compliance regulations
- The ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment and problem-solving skills consistent with WGU philosophy and within applicable legal parameters.
- Ability to objectively and effectively coach employees and people leaders through complex, difficult, and emotional issues within a diverse organization.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and with all levels of individuals.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is inquisitive, seeks out information, self-engages, and achieves results based on established goals.
- Clear, effective communicator – exceptional and persuasive communication skills, oral and written, in addressing audiences, is vocally self-critical, and exudes ownership in engagement style.
- Superior interpersonal skills and professional presence – significant capacity to engage, inspire, develop and influence.
- Demonstrated results in innovation – ability to inspire creative thinking, new ideas, new ways of accomplishing tasks and creating results.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to set and meet goals/priorities.
- Proven track record of making and implementing tough decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply excel and other data management and analysis tools in researching and analyzing various types of data.
- Consistently exhibits WGU Leadership Principles and Cultural Beliefs.
- Responsible for implementing initiatives and projects established by university or department leadership; establishes operational plans for department, function, or office with short-term impact on results.
- May deliver input into new processes, standards, or plans that impact overall university or department results.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Leverages a systems-thinking approach for improving existing processes and systems within the department using significant conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous, difficult, and require detailed information gathering and analysis. Typically affect multiple areas or specialties. Problems and issues span a wide range of challenging and unique situations.
Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates cross-functionally with parties within and outside of the department and may occasionally communicate with external parties.
- May influence others to accept the job area’s views, practices, concepts, and approaches and conduct briefings with leaders within the University or department.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees in the department, Function, or Office.
- Provides direction to project team members, including feedback on performance.
- Demonstrates the WGU leadership principles in all aspects of service to students, employees, and partners of WGU.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of related experience, with at least three years of direct client group and leader support as a Generalist or Business Partner.
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in fast-growth and fast-paced Call Center environments and with a distributed workforce model.
- Experience working with HRIS systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, Performance Management Systems.
- Broad understanding of Change Management methodologies
- Human Resources Certification (PHR or SHRM-CP)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (109)
Assistant Registrar of Curriculum Alignment and Data Management I on August 3, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Undergraduate Healthcare Administration on August 3, 2022 Remote