Walden University is an accredited institution that has been serving the higher education needs of professionals for more than 50 years. Offered online, Walden’s doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degree programs are designed to help students achieve their goals so that, as graduates, they can help advance the lives of others.
As Walden grows, we continue its tradition of quality. With a computer and a high-speed Internet connection, you can teach on your own schedule while maintaining other professional and personal commitments.
The School of Nursing seeks dynamic, innovative faculty in the Master of Science in Nursing program’s Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty (AGACNP) The key responsibilities of the position are to teach courses in the specialty area of AGACNP. This position reports to the appropriate / Specialty Coordinator in the MSN program in the School of Nursing. Part-time (Contributing) faculty members will also work with other faculty as well as administrators in the College.
Additionally, faculty members are responsible for maintaining practice in the area of their specialty, and may assist with faculty orientation, development, mentoring/monitoring, and evaluation; part-time (contributing) faculty may also participate in school and university committee service.
Walden’s MSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public’s health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.Course Teaching/Availability
Faculty members are assigned courses, which are taught using the Learning Management System (LMS), and are responsible for interacting with students within the LMS. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hrs/day, 7 days/wk. Faculty members are expected to be in the classroom a minimum of 4 days/wk and responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hrs. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats; office hours may be required based on program or college policy.
Faculty mentors may be assigned to work one-on-one with students to help students meet the research requirements of their degree. Faculty members are responsible for the provision of timely feedback, approval, assessment, and evaluation of each student’s work within the classroom.
EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF CURRENT ADVANCED PRACTICE CERTIFICATION BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY. THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A BONUS UPON HIRE.
Education and/or Experience:
- Earned doctorate (PhD/DNP) in nursing from an accredited institution, with demonstrated coursework in the advanced nursing practice specialties:, adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner.
- A minimum of one year experience of teaching or precepting preferred.
- Two years clinical/practical experience as a adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership, team, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- National certification in the area of adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner
- EVIDENCE OF CURRENT RN AND APRN LICENSE IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES IN THE US REQUIRED. ALL NP FACULTY ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN BEFORE HIRE AS NURSE PRACTITIONER FACULTY AT WALDEN UNIVERSITY.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING RN AND APRN LICENSURE IN THE STATE OF MN AND COMPENSATED FOR LICENSURE RELATED EXPENSES.
Related Jobs (164)
Senior Integration Architect (Java/Node.js) – REMOTE on September 6, 2021 Remote
Associate Director for Expert Guidance, First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
Program Coordinator for First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator – Remote Opportunity on September 6, 2021 Remote