Under the general supervision of the Director, Education, delivers classroom instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and two (2) in-service training sessions. Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
Must demonstrate training in educational methods, testing and evaluation and evidence strength in instructional methodology, delivery and techniques as indicated by evaluation personnel within 30 days of beginning instruction.
Must be knowledgeable in course content, effective in directing and evaluating student learning and laboratory performance, and be prepared in educational theory and techniques.
Experience with MS Office.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, accurate and practical knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Ability to effectively operate related equipment and machines for instructional purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machines such as computer terminal, calculator and copier.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including presentations and effective listening skills.
- Ability to speak before public groups, committees and meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures and assure compliance.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis.
- Ability to demonstrate bilingual skills is a plus but not mandatory.
Master’s degree with appropriate education in the specific courses being taught required.
Related Jobs (67)
HR and Finance Systems Analyst (Remote Opportunity) on June 24, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Instructor of Teaching English as a Second Language on June 24, 2022 Remote