POSITION TITLE: Online Admissions Recruiter – Remote
The Online Admissions Recruiter must be highly motivated, able to communicate effectively, and passionate to market the University, specifically the online area. The position requires an individual to assume a proactive role in increasing the visibility and effectiveness of the University to the community. This includes strategically partnering with professional associations, marketing and media companies, and traditional Jarvis Admission Recruiters to build a prospective student pool that is reflective of the University’s goal to increase the student body population.
The position involves the process of identifying potential prospective students and then planning, creating, and implementing the strategies needed to attract and successfully enroll those students.
Successful candidates should have at least 1-2 years of effective recruiting experience, preferably in a college setting. This position is remote. There may be occasional travel required for team building and training.
Candidates must be available to work extended hours and some weekends during peak recruiting periods. The position has some flexibility on hours, but evenings are typically the best time to contact potential students and new recruits going through the admissions process.
This position is outcome oriented, not time focused. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience as a college recruiter, highly preferable
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with coordinating campus-wide recruitment efforts for online.
- Works with Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Registrar, and Academic Division Chairs to organize recruitment plans and strategies. Reports directly to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions. Has dotted-line responsibilities to the Director of Online Learning & Training for training and data reporting.
- Assists with the development of recruitment materials.
- Collects information regarding educational opportunities and disseminates such information to the students.
- Assists with the coordination of all admissions-sponsored events
- Maintains prospect/applicant database.
- Facilitate college entry by gathering admissions applications and giving small group orientations.
- Provide assistance to prospective students concerning admissions requirements either by various remote media including email, phone, virtual meetings, and text
- Assists with orientation and registration activities
- Assists students in planning and scheduling for their college programs
- Review application materials and render admission decisions
- Develop and maintain correspondence with students, parents, alumnae and other institutional officials and representatives in accordance with best admissions practices and FERPA guidance.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required. (This does not mean working excess hours in a month. The expectation is 40-hours per week on average.)
- Executes all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
- Knowledge of college programs of study, admissions, registration, financial aid, counseling processes, and community resources
- Skilled in decision-making, effective oral and written communication skills, and basic leadership ability
- Ability to prepare/present programs to groups from various backgrounds and establish rapport with all levels of personnel
- Must be detailed oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines with a strong aptitude for quality control and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to utilize technology to attract and communicate with prospective students and families
- Seeing: 75 – 100%
- Must be able to read reports and use computer
- Hearing: 75 – 100%
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and prospective students and their families
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: 50 – 74%
Must be able to stand to open files and operate office machines, present to students and their families, guidance counselors, and other external constituents; mobility between departments and to attend meetings of employees and managers
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 25 – 49%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24%
- Dexterity/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
- Must be able to write, type, and use phone system and other technical devices
SALARY Commensurate with Credentials and Experience