The Multimedia Developer collaborates with the Curriculum Specialists and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify learning needs and objectives for creating high-quality interactive media to support student learning. The Multimedia Developer designs and develops engaging and interactive advanced instructional media elements using instructional design and multimedia theories and methodologies according to established needs, aesthetics, quality standards, budgets, and project deadlines. The Multimedia Developer develops the advanced instructional media elements using layout principles and aesthetic design media principles. Develops the advanced interactive media, graphics, and audio requested by the schools for their courses. Trains and troubleshoots multimedia issues for the curriculum team. The following types of systems are required to use: Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, Content Management System (CMS), and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Analyzes course content, interprets instructional media needs and requests, and collaborates with course development teams in the planning of advanced instructional media elements for individual courses.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including the Curriculum Specialists and SMEs, to create the multimedia plan for the courses to support student learning.
- Uses multimedia plans to design and develop the advanced multimedia using appropriate technology which is aligned to PG media standards.
- Designs and develops engaging and interactive advanced instructional media elements using instructional design and multimedia theories and methodologies to support student learning.
- Media includes advanced simulations, tutorials, scenarios, animations, interactives, videos, and images. Media is created using appropriate multimedia software which is aligned to principles to support student learning.
- Develops course media to ensure quality and consistency of product and timely delivery of completed media elements using layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Manages multiple simultaneous multimedia projects by applying strong project management, including excellent communication and time management in a virtual environment to meet stated deadlines.
- Plans and devises the layout of text, photos, illustrations, and other media for presentation.
- Creates media templates for curriculum team.
- Assists with updating LMS template used for course development.
- Reviews current media content for technology compliance.
- Creates unit home images for use within the course template. Resolves multimedia course issues.
- Trains curriculum staff with multimedia software.
- Thoroughly understands and remains current with the latest industry technology tools
- and trends in online education and instructional media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Instructional Technology, Technology, Media Design, Graphic Design or related field
- 3+ years related experience. Expertise with design and media development tools.
- Competency with Windows OS and Mac OS.
- Knowledgeable with Brightspace and/or other LMS system.
- Expertise with design and media development tools
- Ability to analyze course content and determine and develop multimedia that supports content.
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong aesthetic, design composition and typographic abilities.
- Analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible, attention to detail, dependable, shows initiative, organized and knows how to plan, creative, and able to put content into engaging activities.
- Knowledgeable of instructional design and multimedia principles, online pedagogy, learning theory, and experience applying this knowledge to real world projects.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Must be technologically independent and able to work as part of a virtual team.
- Must be able to collaborate with others across varying time zones and cultural orientations.
- Online experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years advanced multimedia development
- Video and audio editing experience. Autodesk 3D Studio MAX.
Job Functional Area
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Related Jobs (155)
Senior Integration Architect (Java/Node.js) – REMOTE on September 6, 2021 Remote
Associate Director for Expert Guidance, First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
Program Coordinator for First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator – Remote Opportunity on September 6, 2021 Remote