Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010786
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
**All qualified internal candidates must submit an updated resume showing current WGU work experience by 5/20/22 to be considered for the role**
A new kind of U. As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we’re designed with students in mind-particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won’t do. As a Faculty Manager your primary focus is on both student and employee success!
The Faculty Manager leads a team of 15-20 Program Mentors. In this role you are responsible for the development, inspiration and performance of your team. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional team results while delivering innovative solutions that positively impact the students your team supports. The Faculty Manager works closely with members of the WGU leadership team to define direction implement urgency and define clear expectations while insuring adherence to the mission of the University.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in business required
- Experience working with adult learners in distance learning environments preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in business management/leadership required
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team of at least 10 full-time direct reports
- Experience building effective teams by leveraging, coaching and mentoring
- Experience leading change while increasing specific, measurable results
- Must be an independent self-starter and self-managed
- Ability to work cross functionally with Course Instructors & Program Chairs.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a leadership and guiding role that enhances student achievement toward educational goals
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor their team to help at-risk and struggling students overcome life’s challenges while delivering exceptional customer service (AKA “Student Obsession”)
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (68)
HR and Finance Systems Analyst (Remote Opportunity) on June 24, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Instructor of Teaching English as a Second Language on June 24, 2022 Remote