Sutherland is seeking a creative and self-motivated person to join us as a Business Development Manager. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Business Development Managers are an extension of Sutherland’s Sales organization and they sit within our market development group. Business Development Managers provide lead generation and account management, functions originating business and enabling the larger team to close sales to meet the new business financial goals of the company.
Business Development Managers are responsible for uncovering new business opportunities in an assigned set of corporate accounts. This includes targeting, qualifying, and engaging senior executive level decision makers; appropriately uncovering, qualifying and scoping potential objectives and initiatives aligned with Sutherland services; positioning the appropriate Sutherland value proposition and securing advancement of the opportunity in the sales process through to the Sales organization. The Business Development Managers are responsible for both quality and quantity of leads to ensure the sales pipeline remains full.
High-level selling specialist to uncover new business opportunities within pre-selected accounts and to grow key customers within Sutherland’s client base. Daytime and some nighttime hours, competitive compensation based upon experience, credentials, and results. Each of these leaders works closely with our global horizontal and vertical salespeople.
- Prospect for opportunities within specific vertical markets and service offering types
- Generate qualified sales opportunities and face to face meetings with senior executive decision makers for Sutherland services
- Act as the primary point of contact to facilitate and foster relationships between prospective client decision making executives and Sutherland’s outside sales organization
- Provide input on campaign generation
- Provide input on proposal generation where required
- Professionally maintain sales activity information within contact management CRM/SFA tools and Sales Engagement email marketing tools
Proven track record of successful corporate sales and industry experience. Highly professional individual with strong oral and written communication skills, able to work in an independent and dynamic sales environment. The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of demonstrated sales success preferably in the business services industry. United States, Remote, with a preference to Rochester, New York.