Category: Faculty Development
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-012667
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Internal Candidates must apply by 11/18 in order to be considered for this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serving as subject-matter experts to NextGen candidates, faculty, cohort facilitators, host teachers, clinical supervisors, and other staff for specific policies and programs
- Developing and implementing training and on-going support of our Professional Dispositions and Ethics, DEI and SEL
- Working closely with all departments in the development of resources, materials and direct NextGen support
- Serving as intervention specialists in high-risk student situations while providing consultation and support to other faculty members and stakeholders regarding disposition and field concerns
- Reviewing and maintaining all resource documents and sites pertaining to Professional Dispositions and Ethics, DEI and SEL
- Working with candidates and faculty on the development and demonstration of Professional Dispositions and Ethics throughout NextGen candidate’s entire program
- Providing training and information to Mentoring, Field Placement, Evaluation and other departments regarding Professional Dispositions and Ethics
- Disposition Award tracking and delivery
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Able to communicate knowledgeably and authoritatively with districts, principals, host teachers, clinical supervisors, faculty, and students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information clearly and accurately
- Sensitive to and able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be technologically competent with data entry, Outlook email and calendar, MS Office, and database, or equivalent experience
- Must keep abreast of the current research in education and knowledgeable about multiple theories of teaching
- Must have the ability to conduct research and draw valid conclusions
- Able to exercise good judgment and effectively organize, prioritize, and perform multiple job functions and conflicting priorities
- Understands WGU Teachers College programs, policies, and procedures
- Provides accurate information and high-quality customer service at all times
- Models and demonstrates WGU’s Leadership Principles
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant to major impact on department, Function, or Office results. May be responsible for managing projects or processes within the department, function, or office.
- Performs work as directed with limited oversight.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Responsible for leveraging a systems-thinking approach, making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, and plans within the department, Function, or Office.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and challenging, will require detailed information gathering and analysis. Problems typically affect multiple areas or specialties.
Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates cross-functionally with employees within and outside of the department.
- Works to influence parties within and outside the department, Function, or Office regarding policies, procedures, and NextGen candidate coaching plans.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Is responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees in the department, Function, or Office.
- Demonstrates the WGU leadership principles in all aspects of service to students, employees, and partners of WGU.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Education, Ethnic Studies, Multicultural Studies, Sociology, Psychology or related field;
- Three (3) years of licensed/certified, K-12 teaching experience.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with background in counseling and/or coaching
- Two (2) years of professional experience in Social Emotional Learning (SEL) with background in counseling and/or coaching
- Three (3) years of professional work experience in knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding restorative practices and diversity, equity, and inclusion in the K-12 setting;
- 3-5 years of experience developing and implementing diversity, equity and inclusion programs;
- Knowledgeable of trauma-informed care, restorative practices, and social justice.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (88)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote