Provide guidance and/or supervision to faculty relative to instructional methods, course content and professional development; provide curriculum direction; complete administrative tasks to meet compliance standards; and serve as faculty member within appropriate department.
- Teach a maximum of 3 courses per term
- Fulfill responsibilities of an instructor to include, but not be limited to: preparation for courses, provide a high level of academic instruction, clearly document student progress through assessment activities, communicate with Academic Advisors regarding at risk students, post student attendance and final grades within prescribed timeframe; engage in professional development and faculty development activities as required
- Serve as faculty lead for academic program
- Participate in nursing program committee meetings
- Create and manage course schedule, assign faculty and hire new faculty, in collaboration with the Program Chair
- Monitor, guide and mentor faculty on the delivery of course content based on nursing programmatic standards and best practices
- Actively participates in the initial collection, preparation and periodic updates of all documentation required to meet accreditation and regulatory requirements for the faculty file, as well as nursing programmatic accreditation.
- Observes faculty, monitors applicable data, reports and dashboards, and reviews course elements to ensure quality of instruction and faculty activities meet Colorado Technical University’s faculty expectations.
- Conduct classroom observations and annual reviews of faculty; provide feedback to faculty regarding performance
- Reviews student-based and other evaluation sources, shares evaluations with faculty, identifies opportunities for improvement, and works collaboratively to implement solutions.
- Provides support to faculty in times of need by professionally and expediently answering questions, addressing faculty issues, and resolving faculty complaints.
- Provides support to students in times of need by professionally and expediently answering questions, addressing student issues, and resolving student complaints.
- Monitor faculty effectiveness through review of student course evaluations
- Handle day-to-day administrative functions
- Maintain high level of faculty morale.
- Conducts monthly faculty meetings.
- Assist in the orientation of new faculty members; serve as team member for faculty in-service meetings and new faculty orientation meetings
- Supports all CTU retention and graduation initiatives.
- Understands the mission, vision, goals and academic standards policies of the University and espouses them in the performance of duties.
- Adhere to all CTU policies, procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Occasional overnight travel
- Although this position is remote, lead faculty are expected to maintain normal business hours of 8-5 CST.
- Provides flexibility in scheduling as needed, including evenings and weekends to meet student and business requirements.
- History and continuation of nursing thought leadership or scholarly activities is expected
- Documented expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and in personal interview.
- Experience with computerized learning management systems and education technology tools strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with standard office applications on personal computers required.
Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree in Nursing required (DNP, DNSc, or PhD in Nursing)
- MSN with active, unencumbered RN license with board certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
- (FNP) required with a minimum of 5 years of nurse practitioner practice experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an online learning environment required.
Career Education is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and considers all persons without regard to age, color, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin
Related Jobs (20)
Vice President, Employee Experience (Technical & Corporate) on December 20, 2020 Remote
Institutional Research & Effectiveness Data Analyst on November 26, 2020 Full TimeRemote
Assistant Professor, Nursing – FNP (Adjunct- Online) on November 26, 2020 Part Time