Sutherland is seeking a motivated and passionate person to join us as a KYC Analyst.
The Know Your Customer KYC Analyst is responsible for identifying customers who may be a high risk of being used to launder money or conduct terrorist financing performing. Perform moderately complex research and analysis of customer and transaction data. Will also review client onboarding documentation for new business, vendor and customer accounts, periodic refreshes, and ad hoc requests. The Incumbent in this role ensures that all client onboarding documentation is complete, accurate, and consistent with KYC Policy and Procedure. The KYC Analyst will interact with the front office, Import/Export Compliance, Legal and Operations to ensure all regulatory and firm requirements are met for both new and existing relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all account documentation submitted.
- Conduct CIP screening and verification utilizing relevant systems.
- Perform client due diligence testing and review, utilizing internal and third-party research tool on clients for KYC recertification, serving as a primary point of contact to manage “end to end” completeness.
- Reviews and Dispositions new and existing screenings, high-risk reviews and AML negative media alert.
- Perform complex investigations and be able to identify, document and mitigate potential money laundering, terrorist financing, drug trafficking, tax invasion and OFAC related issues.
- Assess name screening and sanction hits, evaluate the risks involved and escalate as necessary.
- Perform all reputational risk information, including information relating to sanction, bribery or corruption.
- Serve as a BSA/AML/KYC subject matter expert and resource for co-workers in understanding.
- Identify complexity of beneficial ownership with counterparty relationships.
- Aid in the creation of various reports that be presented to various committee and Board.
- Assist in the identifying and monitoring of high-risk customer and high-risk activities.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external audits.
- Identify areas of improvement and present recommendations related to BSA/AML/KYC program.
- Contribute to compliance training materials for staff, as needed.
- Participate in meetings, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices.
- Make recommendations for policies and procedures to meet current regulatory expectations.
- Monitor new and any proposed laws and regulations in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents; maintain continuous contact with an audience that includes: Traders, Schedulers, Marine Chatters, CP Specialists, Territory Managers, Tax Department, MRD, Contracts Team, Import/Export Compliance, and Legal.
- Provides support and Guidance to Front Office on prospects in regard to OFAC restriction and prohibited businesses.
- Maintain current working knowledge of laws, regulations and current best industries practices pertaining to BSA and AML regulations.
- Modify and develop external and internal forms, as needed.
Our most successful candidates will have:
- 2-5 years of related experience with a financial services institution or other agency conducting high risk customer due diligence reviews according to BSA/AML/KYC policy and procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree and AML Certification preferred
- Must be experience in a KYC capacity preferred or must have relevant experience reviewing formation documents, including Certificate of Incorporation, Article of Organization and other domestic and foreign legal formation document as necessary
- Recent working knowledge of AML legislation and regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision
- Good communication skills
- Experience utilizing MS Office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) required
- Ability to multitask and manage a high number of priorities
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills to properly assess any red flags that may be discovered during the review process
- Professional Certification (CAMS, CFE, CBAP, CRCM) or other related certifications preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Related Jobs (13)
Singapore GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com Location: This role is located in Singapore and is remote What you’ll get to do… Lead the development of a strategic marketing plan for South East Asia. Responsible for driving customer awareness and acquisition to meet business goals including brand awareness and health, new customers adds, Net Promoter Score (NPS) which all ultimately lead to delivering the required revenue growth goal. Develop a holistic marketing plan and agency brief from objective through to strategy, execution and measurement for SEA to meet all business objectives. Effectively execute integrated, strategic and tactical marketing campaigns with internal resources (e.g. marketing, search, online, partnership, e-commerce, and) as well as external resources (e.g. agencies, media, local partners) to improve customer acquisition #s, cost/acquisition, average revenue/user, renewals, and brand sentiment. Coordinate PR efforts in market by ensuring a regular cadence of press releases, case studies, influencer-content, and journalist engagement. Collect, analyze and share competitive intelligence and market place findings into customer insights that create stronger local offers and marketing campaigns. Have the customer insight to know when global/U.S. programs will work in SEA and be able to localize or adapt those programs to ensure efficacious use of marketing spending. Have the market knowledge to influence both internal and external teams in the creation and execution of specific local offers, campaigns and programs fo SEA when required. Collect, analyze and share results of all tracking mechanisms (including but not limited to: marketing campaigns, customer experience surveys, brand awareness trackers, customer care surveys and input etc.) internally and with the agencies to adapt and create marketing campaigns/initiatives/offers. Your experience should include… Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required Fluent in English and Thai or Vietnamese, both oral and written 10+ years in marketing across all channels (e.g. TV, radio, online, search, digital, social, PR, events, partnership, etc.) with confirmed results in the SEA marketplace. Shown experience in using marketing programs throughout the sales funnel (awareness to sale) to drive business results is required. Experience in using marketing programs to increase on-line subscriptions (i.e. a SaaS model) for Small business or consumer preferred. Proven experience in using marketing expertise to drive revenue and customer satisfaction throughout the customer lifecycle (including acquisition, retention, upsell and cross sell) and programs to maximize revenue/customer and retention is required. Demonstrated success in handling a large, complex workload and the ability to orchestrate multiple partners remotely to deliver results is required. Able to influence internal and external partners at all levels to ensure that business objectives are achieved. Deep Marketing Acuity across all marketing mediums. Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal guidance. Strategic Assessment – able to quickly assess where to maximize U.S./international programs to ensure cost effective deployment of marketing funds vs situations where SEA specific initiative is required. Able to influence global marketing teams, lead agencies and influence other partners to deliver results. Experience working in a cross functional matrix required. Prior experience working in a multi-national environment preferred. Analytical with a Problem Solving Mentality and an affinity and passion for numbers and analysis. Able to consolidate large disparate amounts of data and create 1 cohesive story with actions and outcomes. Consistently ensures a focus on exceeding customer expectations while balancing short term and long term corporate objectives. Ability to thrive in an agile and lean environment and operate at all altitudes from strategy to “hands on” execution by responding quickly to customer needs and collaborating on iterative solutions to arrive at the best possible outcomes Embodies the GoDaddy Values namely: Be Extraordinary, Own Outcomes, Join Forces, Work Fearlessly, Live Passionately GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws. If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. on December 18, 2020 Remote