Beeston, United Kingdom
GoDaddy powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We’re a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We’re empowering them to change the world if it doesn’t quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they’ve been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
What you’ll get to do…
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior System Engineer to join our global SRE platform team. The role will be part of a fast paced and dynamic team responsible for numerous systems spread throughout the EMEA region. Key focuses will be availability, performance, patching and increasing our observability.
- Contributing to our company by being a key part of our team and streamlining our systems and automating server management.
- Managing security and backup processes.
- Reviewing performance & availability metrics.
- Deploying and configuring new servers and services.
- Troubleshooting urgent server issues.
- Providing 3rd line support to our operations department.
- To provide on call support as and when required.
Your experience should include…
- Working knowledge of Windows Server.
- Understanding of IIS.
- Experience of scripting languages (Powershell, Perl).
- Knowledge of Exchange Server 2013.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience administering Hyper-V.
- Moderate of server hardware and RAID configurations.
- A working knowledge of Active Directory
You might also have…
- Familiarity/interesting in Linux systems is a bonus.
- Experience with MySQL Server and Database Management from the command line.
- Any experience administering server core installations is desirable.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be eligible to apply for a new position internally, you must be in good standing in your current position, meaning you are not currently on any form of corrective action and you are maintaining a level of performance that is at or above the minimum performance standards for your current position. Any request for exceptions to this policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please be courteous and inform your current manager that you are applying and connect with them prior to interviewing for any new position so they are able to assist you in any potential career path change.
Related Jobs (87)
Principal Software Engineer – Risk Services and Fraud on December 20, 2020 Remote
Analyst – Website Security Support I – Incident Response on December 20, 2020 Remote
Senior Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility on December 20, 2020 Remote