Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-011058
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
About the Role:
The Vulnerability Management Analyst (IT Security Analyst II) identifies and manages weaknesses and cyber threats in networks and software, takes measures to correct and strengthen security within the system. The Vulnerability Management Analyst will be heavily involved with infrastructure and business teams.What you’ll do…
- Utilize Vulnerability software to identify and manage threats.
- Assist with vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Ensure that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements of information systems and assets are identified and managed appropriately.
- Monitor and assess email security threats and update security solutions as necessary.
- generate reports, track metrics work with development teams to strategize mitigation strategies.
- Assist with DAST and SAST results.
- Work with various teams to design a security strategy to enhance the security of the current software development lifecycle.
- Build and deliver security education programs that will improve developer understanding of security concepts across the University
- Participate in tactical projects as they arise to clarify and respond to identified security risks across different technical domains.
- Collaborate with engineers to create and implement standardized practices and follow routine processes to promote secure systems.
- Assists in the development of application security policies and procedures.
- Lead projects to design and review existing and future application security solutions.
- Ensure risks are identified and addressed for new developments, integrations and deployments.
- Influence others both internally and externally while participating and/or leading large projects.
- Build and maintain relationships across the University to promote application security initiatives.
- Execute tasks aligned to application security with autonomy.
- Engage with security architects to capture design requirements for application architectures and implementation strategies.
- Automate redundant tasks related to detection and reporting of vulnerabilities, suspicious application activity, coordination of response activities, etc.
- Participate in on-call rotation for security operations responsibilities, including security incident response
- Review existing secure coding practices and procedures and identify areas where the University can improve
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Agile, specifically Scrum methodologies
- ServiceNow experience a plus
What you’ll need…
- Subject matter expert in the area of responsibility or working knowledge of several technical areas.
- Typically requires a technical university degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced degrees (Master’s or PhD) may be required for certain disciplines and reduce the experience requirement by 2-4 years. Industry-relevant experience.
- Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC).
- Working knowledge of penetration testing, and intrusion detection.
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements
- Strong understanding of PCI, SOX, GLBA, PII and FERPA requirements.
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs.
- Experience designing and deploying security solutions.
Why join WGU?
- You will be part of a growing, diverse, inclusive workforce, committed to creating pathways to a better life for our students by expanding access to education for everyone
- We provide comprehensive dental, vision, and medical benefits, with paid parental leave and inclusive family forming benefits
- We offer generous retirement and HSA company contributions
- We offer paid time off, and depending on role, options for flexible and remote work
- You will also have opportunity for continuous learning! Employees and their families receive discounted undergraduate and graduate WGU tuition
*Current WGU employees must submit their internal application prior to 6/28/2022 to be considered for this position*
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize our strength lies in our people and commit to creating an inclusive environment where all can thrive, regardless of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (8)
Senior Associate Director of International Admission on September 24, 2022 Remote