GENERAL PURPOSE:Under general direction of ISO’s Associate Director for Systems and Operations, serves as a member of the Systems and Operations team to support the needs of several thousand international students, their dependents, and hosting departments. Responsible for the ongoing and detailed maintenance, reporting, data integration of international student data across multiple systems: ISO’s internal database (Sunapsis), the Department of Homeland Security compliance system (SEVIS), the University’s student information system (UR Student), and other peripheral applications. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be necessary.
Systems Maintenance & Data Integrity
- Ensure consistency and validity of personal, program, and contact information across University systems.
- Monitor data passed daily to internal ISO Sunapsis database from student and employee information systems.
- Manage numerous system alerts and determine appropriate resolution or additional information needed.
- Maintain individual client records, including documentation of all communications and follow-up actions.
- Facilitate systems accessibility, including users’ record creation, password resets, and service enrollment.
- Identify errors within government records and coordinate data-fix requests with required documentation.
- Research systems problems reported by office staff and help to develop solutions with University IT.
- Assist in database updates and cleanup processes using integrated application tools and detailed analysis.
- Assist with testing new releases of ISO’s database application, data feed updates, platform upgrades, etc.
- Contribute to development of electronic data collection tools, application features, and integrations.
- Analyze data flows and recommend improvements to business processes.
Immigration Analysis & Regulatory Compliance
- Serve as Designated School Official (DSO) for the F-1 visa program and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) for the J-1 visa program, as authorized under U.S. regulations for approved University programs.
- Ensure institutional SEVIS compliance by adhering to government reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Analyze updates to SEVIS records and issue immigration documents on behalf of the University.
- Advise international populations and UR administrators on various immigration issues and requirements.
- Interpret and assess immigration reporting needs for accuracy, completeness, urgency, and authorization.
Service Delivery & Program Support
- Facilitate data integration for newly admitted students, including creation and editing of new student records, accurate mapping of electronic documents, casework routing to ISO staff, and arrival preparations.
- Manage registration reporting each academic term; Identify students not meeting enrollment requirements.
- Oversee required employment reporting for graduated students, including verification of work authorization details, collection and clarification of qualified employment activities, and regular validation reporting.
- Provide logistical support for service initiatives, such as mass document issuance, operational services, etc.
- Maintain a creative, helpful, and pragmatic approach to individual case needs and University initiatives.
- Additional duties, special projects, and general office support, as assigned.
Communications and Outreach
- Collaborate with the Office for Global Engagement’s initiative for web redesign and coordinate regular updates to the ISO website.
- Collaborate with students and academic departments regarding changes made to various data systems.
- Advise on basic immigration concepts, ISO services and reporting tools, and relevant external resources.
- Monitor various email accounts and other communications to ensure timely data collection and processing.
- Produce custom reports using various systems to support ISO staff, campus partners, and senior leadership.
- Assist with annual government and institutional reports (OpenDoors, ISO statistics, UR budget allocation).
- Produce electronic client forms and digital business processes as part of ISO technology advancement efforts (using Sunapsis).
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in social or technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Two years of work experience in data analysis and systems support
- Experience working with international students/scholars and/or prior experience as DSO/ARO preferred
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office applications along with experience or comfort in learning new software programs required.
- Specific expertise with Microsoft Excel functionality as well as database lookup tools (MS SQL) is strongly preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, per federal regulations
Related Jobs (9)
Adjunct Instructor: Quantitative Business Analysis on November 24, 2022 Remote
Regional Recruitment Counselor – Lexington & Cincinnati-Metro Areas on November 17, 2022 Remote
Regional Manager of Student Health, Safety & Wellbeing on November 17, 2022 Remote
PT Assistant Professor – Special Education (Northern CA) on November 17, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Faculty Position in Electrical Engineering on November 17, 2022 Remote