We are one growing team with one powerful goal – and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
Our Workforce Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire!
We have remote work opportunities available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Wyoming.
The HR Business Partner works with leadership and employees to provide support delivering value added consultancy services according to the University’s goals and core values.
- Partner with assigned departments to provide leadership and their employees with employee relation’s support including coaching, counseling, conflict resolution to ensure the fair application of university policies.
- As a partner and consultant, helps to identify solutions to our challenges while promoting the development of continuous improvements to HR processes.
- Conduct objective investigations and provide appropriate management recommendations.
- Partner with Executive and Operational Leaders on people-related strategies, and design people plans that improve effectiveness and help achieve overall team goals.
- Advise leaders in employee life-cycle areas such as hiring, promotions, performance management, and terminations.
- Partner with assigned Finance Business Partner to provide data-driven recommendations
- Work with leaders throughout the University, assisting them in understanding compensation and reward programs and development programs, and introduce and reinforces proper management and communication practices.
- Maintain healthy work relationships across divisions, COE’s, and Shared Services. Participate in regular meetings with the departments, developing trusted relationships with the leadership and employee groups.
- Collaborate with and maintain good relationships with COE’s and Shared Services to ensure continuity of advice. Identify continuous improvement opportunities, collaborating with the COE and Shared Services in the development of solution strategies.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, hiring decisions, and position reviews; ensure that processes are applied.
- Research, answer, and follow-up on daily inquiries from employees and managers on policies, procedures and HR processes, including working collaboratively with our HR shared services teams.
- Help deliver multiple training programs including employee onboarding/orientation, Peak Essentials, Performance Management.
- Manage on a variety of HR related data points, while recognizing, reporting, and communicating the story contained within it in the data to leaders through presentations, reports, meeting agendas, and executive summaries.
- Identify and help implement programs, and systems to improve the employee experience and increase employee engagement.
- Research, answer, and follow-up on employee and inquiries on university policies while working collaboratively with the HR Centers of Excellence.
- Support leaders in coaching, counseling, conflict resolution, and the fair and application of corrective action and performance management. Partner with legal department.
- Manage positions through requisitioning, job classification and compensation, and review and edit job descriptions, and facilitate employee changes.
- Provide guidance to employees looking for reasonable accommodation under the university’s Americans with Disabilities (ADA) policy and processes in compliance with federal regulation while working with the leave of absence administrator to manage complicated leave and ADA issues.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team in the recruiting/onboarding process.
- Be a coach for other positions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Job responsibilities can change at any time, with or without notice.
- Years of experience: 4 years’ experience in HR
- Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree
- Equivalent of experience in lieu of degree acceptable
- Have an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to daily management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring compliance.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- The HRBP has to demonstrate skill for drawing applicable insights from information. Must also be able to perform standard analyses on talent management policies and programs, drawing applicable solutions, identifying areas of improvement, and drawing detailed recommendations from those assessments, which will lead to an overall increased performance within the Colleges/Divisions.
- Must be helpful and service-oriented, be able to be discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Must have the ability to form relationships with others, earning their trust.
- Must have keen political sensitivity, and the courage to advise leaders on unpopular positions.
- Must demonstrate integrity, sincerity and transparency.
- Must demonstrate the University values and lead by example.
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Are Benefits Important to You?
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Remote work disclaimer?
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Related Jobs (109)
Assistant Registrar of Curriculum Alignment and Data Management I on August 3, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Undergraduate Healthcare Administration on August 3, 2022 Remote