Job DescriptionEmbry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Information Technology team is currently looking for an experienced Workday HR and Finance Systems Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Manager of Workday Systems, the Workday HR and Finance Systems Analyst is an experienced analyst who will work to support the University’s effort to maintain and enhance the ERP system, by effectively and efficiently applying technological and business solutions. This requires the ability to learn and support one or more modules of the University’s ERP, Workday and Adaptive Planning. This is a remote position and can be done anywhere within the United States.
Ideal candidates should possess substantial experience with enterprise applications as well as the use of reporting tools, data interfaces and data process automation. Candidates should also be highly adaptable and possess sufficient resilience to effectively adjust to rapidly shifting prioritization. They shall insist upon exceptional, positive and effortless customer service with colleagues within and beyond the institution.
This position requires a strong communicator with a team-player attitude that will serve both as an individual contributor and leader on various projects. When leading projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for the entire project lifecycle and ensuring the quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
Embry-Riddle Information Technology provides a modern, collaborative environment with professional development opportunities, and a flexible four-day week summer schedule. Working for Embry-Riddle entitles the employee to a robust benefit package – from quality health care and retirement options to generous education benefits.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Works directly with administrative departments to solve complex application and data issues within Workday HCM, Payroll and Finance.
- Participates as a team member on ERP System Implementations.
- Provides application support (on-demand support, error resolution, defect correction, reporting and training) for functional users with an emphasis on one or more key modules.
- Coordinates systems upgrades and testing and works in a team environment to develop and maintain application programs.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems.
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, business process functions, and steps required to develop, improve, and automate or test information systems.
- Provides 24/7 on-call technology support for Priority 1 (system down) issues.
QualificationsExperience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience with Workday and/or Adaptive Planning is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
- Ability to work in an application support role, and to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to focus on mentally challenging technical problems that may take significant time to resolve.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used in the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of interface construction.
- Ability to work within a team-centric, fast paced work environment and able to multi-task, set priorities, work independently and proactively with limited direction, solve complex problems and work effectively under the pressures of multiple competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication, in a variety of methods, is essential in keeping the stakeholders well informed as well as the internal and wider team. Strong customer service experience including documentation and training skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology related to application support and project management. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including ability to use Microsoft Office desktop tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Project, PowerPoint).
Related Jobs (109)
Assistant Registrar of Curriculum Alignment and Data Management I on August 3, 2022 Remote
Online Adjunct Faculty – Undergraduate Healthcare Administration on August 3, 2022 Remote