Category: Other IT
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The Signal Kinetics research group at the MIT Media Lab, lead by Professor Fadel Adib, is seeking an experienced hardware designer for contracting a 1-3 month project. This is not a MIT employee benefits-eligible role.
The project is part of an effort to translate award-winning MIT technology into a deployable device. The technology uses IoT for indoor 3D mapping with unparalleled precision, and has applications in various industries including retail, warehousing, and manufacturing.
The MIT inventors are looking to work with an experienced hardware engineer. The engineer is expected to design, build, and evaluate a fully-integrated hardware prototype on a PCB board that includes RF components, an FPGA, and a power management unit. The prototype will be connected to antennas for wireless sensing and is expected to stream collected data through a USB interface to a computer.
- Experience in PCB design, fabrication, and testing (including power management)
- Experience in RF design including impedance matching and noise figure modeling
- Experience in FPGA programming
- Experience with ADC/DAC FPGA interfaces
- Experience in embedded programming (e.g., C) and USB interface
- Experience in design for manufacturing of electronic hardware
- Background and experience in RFID systems
- Experience in self-interference cancellation for RF (e.g., radar, RFID)
- Antenna design and implementation, including fabrication and HFSS simulation.
- Background in RF signal processing
Our expectation is that, given hardware design specs, you will be able to design a low-power cost-optimized PCB system, define project goals and timeline, and meet the deadlines in a timely manner while providing weekly updates.
To be a best fit for this project you need:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in terms of providing updates and in terms of requesting any additional design specs from the inventors.
- Willingness to sign an NDA
- Willingness to provide references
If you are interested in this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short paragraph describing relevant background and interest.
MIT is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.
MIT requires COVID-19 vaccination for all MIT employees who will have an on-campus presence. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information may be found at: https://now.mit.edu
Related Jobs (13)
Online Full-Time Faculty – Computer Science – Associate Professor on July 19, 2022 Remote
Online – CIS – Cyber and Network Security Graduate Adjunct Faculty on July 19, 2022 Remote