Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-008347
Location: Home OfficeIf you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance on strategic thinking about roadmaps for WGU’s Mobile domain.
- Constantly evaluating the impact of tradeoff decisions to ensure we are delivering the greatest value to the customer
- Coordinate and seek opportunities to align and partner with other product teams throughout the organization
- Lead cross-functional collaboration to deliver outcomes
- Designs experiments to test hypotheses to inform product decisions
- Designs OKRs, identifies outcomes and metrics for the domain they manage
- Analyzes the impact of my product domain features on key business outcomes and overall experience journey
- Can help others understand our business model, current GTM strategies and future models & strategies
- Helps others use synthesis methods that reduce bias and surface insights in an effective way
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to identify team member’s strength and delegate appropriate tasks with clear expectations
- Fosters communication and collaboration within and between teams
- Communicates an inspired vision with a compelling strategy
- Manage and lead your team through interpersonal dynamic issues when they arise
- Helps others form valid conclusions from research
- Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal
- Has breadth and depth in research tools and knows when to use what
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as a software Product Manager
- 2+ years of People leader experience within Product Management
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience managing multiple types of problems at the same time
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Natural leadership instincts, with a positive team building approach
- Passionate evangelist for mobile products
- Experience in Education technology
- Experience managing people
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
We are committed to diversity.
Related Jobs (68)
HR and Finance Systems Analyst (Remote Opportunity) on June 24, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Instructor of Teaching English as a Second Language on June 24, 2022 Remote