Category: Financial Aid
Job Number: R0009978
We are one growing team with one powerful goal – and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours.
Our Workforce Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire!
We have remote work opportunities available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.
The activity of a Financial Aid Risk Mitigator (FARM) is crucial in ensuring the integrity of the delivery of federal student aid and decreasing the potential of student loan default and fraud to mitigate risk for the University and our learners. FARMs manage the review of Secondary Confirmation (SC) files, the review of transcript waivers, identification and resolution of discrepant information, and determination of possible fraudulent activity. Additionally, FARMs are members of the SAP Appeals Review Committee.
- Review SC files daily as they are identified in the Secondary Confirmation processes
- Identify risk factors associated with fraudulent activity and take the necessary steps to determine whether SC selection is warranted
- Use “Subject Matter Expert” knowledge in the review of all student documents
- Be a important member of the SAP Appeal Review Committee
- Ensure consistency in making decisions that improve a student’s eligibility for federal financial aid and their ability to attend Southern New Hampshire University
- Meet all FARM metrics
- Voice opinions in team settings
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of SNHU students and data
- Other responsibilities may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Commencement or commencement related activities may be required
- Employment is dependent upon successful access to the National Student Loan Data System, which requires all federal student loans to be in good standing; a credit check will be done to ensure that student loans are not in default
- HSD/GED; 9+ months of experience working in financial services or other combination of relevant work experience or education
- Accept coaching and direction with a customer-oriented attitude
- 1+ years of experience Word, Excel (can maintain spreadsheets), and Outlook
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.
We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for!
Are Benefits Important to You?
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
Who Are We?
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Remote work disclaimer
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Related Jobs (88)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Entrepreneurship on November 24, 2022 Remote