Please Note: The position has the capability to work remotely at least two days a week.
The Financial Aid Officer provides high level customer service at all times to prospective students and students regarding the financial aid process for West Coast University. Assists with gathering information on potential students to ensure a trouble-free student financial aid and processing system; presents initial financial aid package, and performs routine clerical, office and data entry tasks
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Associate Expectation Agreement, established department policies and procedures, and ensures timely customer service of current and potential students for West Coast University.
- Meets with prospective students to review required forms and applications needed for FA file. Reviews documents for completion and accuracy before accepting from students. Scans and links submitted forms into electronic student file in Image Now. Updates data in Campus Vue and CLA appropriately based on information received.
- Calculates estimated financial aid award in accordance with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations; explains University costs, aid eligibility and gap financing options, and explains the ongoing financial aid process.
- Assists student and parents with directions for requesting FSA User IDs, and online completion of FAFSAs (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), MPNs (Master Promissory Notes), and online student loan entrance and exist counseling. Provides in-person student loan counseling for those who are unable to complete online counseling.
- Provides student/parent with other required documents such as:
- Verification Worksheet
- Instructions on requesting tax transcripts/utilizing DRT (Data Retrieval Tool)
- Requested documents to clear C Codes (Code alerting students they cannot receive aid until comment is resolved)
- Counsels veterans on Title IV aid eligibility and services available.
- Reviews International student financial support documents and explains payment plan options.
- Represents Financial Aid Office at campus Orientation or Open House events, as requested by Director, Financial Aid.
- Follows up with students regarding any missing or additional documents needed, including new FAFSA application for subsequent year packaging.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least one year of experience in a customer service related position required.
- Experience in college Financial Aid a plus.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
Related Jobs (89)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote