Category: Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
The SFMC Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting clients through email marketing campaigns, student journeys, email marketing automation, and overall management of the SFMC platform. The SFMC Email Marketing Manager develops email strategies and email communications to deliver world-class engagement to prospective and current students.Essential Functions:
- Develop email communication strategy with stakeholders to identify proper approach to increase student engagement, enrollment, retention, and growth
- The Salesforce Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying prospect-facing and student email marketing communications
- Manage email campaigns on the Salesforce platform to include; setup, testing, deployment, trouble-shooting, and reporting
- Develop automated, multi-touch, targeted student lifecycle email marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Enrollment, Student and Financial services, Marketing, and Leadership to drive email performance
- Client management of internal stakeholders on email marketing best practices
- Assist in defining student personas, behaviors, and reasons to believe, and assist in proper target market segmentation
- Collaborate with Marketing team on understanding target market personas, and developing email creative and campaigns to engage with target market personas
- Work with Marketing on email content, copy, call to action, and design elements
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing on effective email nurturing of all qualified channel marketing lead inquiries
- Collaborate with contact team and marketing team on developing and deploying optimal email contact strategy to engage with prospective and current students.
- Build, test, and develop HTML/CSS email templates
- Follow email best practices to maintain IP reputation
- Consistently improve deliverability, in-boxing, email open, and click rates
- Deliver email metrics and KPI’s to leadership team
- Identify email marketing gaps, and develop emails to address the gaps and improve email performance across all target market segments
- A/B test different email elements to improve email performance
- Be a subject matter expert on Salesforce Email Marketing and participate in monthly marketing and enrollment meetings
- Participate in weekly marketing initiatives and project meetings
- Effectively deploy National University email communications to prospects, students, alumni, internal faculty and staff
- Effectively deploy email communications from the Transformation Office, Office of the President, Office of the Chancellor, and other stakeholders
- Effectively deploy email communications to affiliates; Sanford the Programs, City U, and other affiliates and clients as needed
- Assist with the re-branding of all NCU email communications to the new National University. Copy, address, sender profile, and imagery need to meet the new National brand guidelines
- Assist with the transition from Eloqua to Marketing Cloud for National University. Lead migration, contacts, data validation, email templates, journeys, and automations
- Assist with Lead engagement and Nurturing transformation initiatives for the new National
- Deploy email communications and journeys promoting various scholarships and offers to prospects, students, and alumni of National University
- Support the military community and audience through journeys, email communications, scholarship opportunities, and other outreach efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in Business Administration, or Marketing preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in email marketing & Salesforce email marketing platform & Marketing Cloud email platform.
- Salesforce certifications preferred
- Marketing cloud or email marketing certification preferred
- Google analytics certification or experience
- Experience working in Marketing Agency
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working in fast paced digital marketing environment
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge, principles and practices of office management/systems within a higher education environment, preferred. Demonstrates an understanding of underlying organizational issues.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrates the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization’s vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
Related Jobs (88)
Part Time Assistant Professor, School of Business – Accounting on November 24, 2022 Remote