We are the front line Instructional Designers/eLearning Developers creating innovative Modern Learning experiences for our Service Consultants, Managers, and Specialized Teams for Wayfair NA. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training development support. We are looking for Learning Experience Designers with a creative mindset towards Modern Learning approaches, a keen understanding of effective design methods, a strong technical aptitude, and a desire to see employees learn, grow and excel in their jobs, to join our growing team. If you are passionate about adult learning through technology, if you enjoy learning new things yourself, and if you are a creative and analytical problem solver, this job would be a good fit for you.
What You’ll Do
- You will partner Instructional Designers, Business leaders, and subject matter experts to build and implement blended training curricula that aligns with business objectives and growth projections.
- Design and develop interactive eLearning content, virtual and on-line learning, micro-learning, training portal using Google site or other website design software
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or Certifications in Instructional or Media Design, Learning Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working as an eLearning developer or in a similar position
- Minimum 2+ years developing eLearning, micro-learning, blended learning
- Innovative design and development approaches to on-line learning
- Experience working with Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Vyond, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other eLearning authoring software.
- Experience designing and developing micro-learnings (3-5 minutes a plus), that are impactful, engaging and will contribute to our Modern Learning approach of short-nuggets to push to the busy call center agents and add to a comprehensive library
- Experience developing eLearning prototypes that detail activities to support learning objectives and/or convert storyboards into animated and interactive eLearning modules.
- Ability to create and update internal eLearning processes and templates to minimize future content development time.
- Gamification experience either creating game-based learning or utilizing a software that supports gamification such as Axonify, Centrical etc.
- Augmented reality experience a plus
- Moderate to advanced level understanding of graphical/visual information design concepts and multimedia principles
- Advanced level understanding of video and audio editing and instructional animation software
- Knowledge of eLearning standards such as SCORM and xAPI
- Knowledge and experience editing HTML / HTML5
- You have effectively utilized Learning Management Systems (LMS) (Cornerstone a plus)
- Familiar with instructional design methodologies including but not limited to: ADDIE model, e-learning blueprint, design thinking, and interactive learning experiences
- Experience leveraging Zoom and Adobe Connect or other virtual instructor led software
- Careful listener and good communicator (speaking and writing)
- Passion, energy, a positive mindset, and a can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to build rapport and instill trust and confidence
- A flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables. Ability to adopt style to engage with different stakeholders.
- A strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with Google Suite of products a plus.
- Call center learning and development experience a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Related Jobs (87)
Principal Software Engineer – Risk Services and Fraud on December 20, 2020 Remote
Analyst – Website Security Support I – Incident Response on December 20, 2020 Remote