Job Number: job requisition id
One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
Here’s more information about the job you clicked on:
Southern New Hampshire University is hiring remotely in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
The Director of Counseling Programs serves as an academic leader and provides administration, oversight, and coordination for SNHU’s Global Campus online counseling degree programs. The role is responsible for coordinating all administrative policies and procedures within their assigned area of oversight and serves as the program’s key liaison to internal and external stakeholders. The Director of Counseling Programs is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all procedures for students, field sites, and faculty within the scope of the field experience, acquisition, approval, and participation processes. He or she ensures that students are supported and compliant with the benchmarks for skill and disposition performance throughout the program and ensures students are progressing toward the field experiences in accordance with the program expectations and CACREP standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all administrative policies and procedures within an assigned area of the counseling program.
- Serve as liaison to other internal and external stakeholders within assigned area.
- Collaborate with the other counseling leaders on counseling vertical initiatives.
- Provide or delegate year round leadership to the operation of the program.
- Supervise a team of clinical faculty and adjunct faculty who teach and provide administrative support for the program.
- Manage overall program health and program level assessment, including analysis of data related to student experience and faculty performance.
- Recommend changes to the program and courses based on data and informed systematic analysis.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to analyze emerging opportunities and other potential program offerings.
- Participate in workshops with subject matter experts, instructional designers, and outcomes and assessment staff to develop new program offerings including degrees, certificates, and continuing education.
- Apply learning theory and best practices to course development in collaboration with subject matter experts, instructional designers, and outcomes and assessment staff.
- Manage all processes and procedures for the counseling practicum and internships.
- Ensure that the program meets CACREP programmatic and NECHE regional accreditation standards, and manage CACREP reporting requirements.
- Manage state regulations for program compliance.
- Collaborate with other counseling staff and faculty in the development of faculty and staff training opportunities.
- Contribute to regular program reviews and program analysis.
- Handle student petitions at the program level.
- Collaborate with the executive director in the development of the program budget.
- Serve in a leadership role during the residencies, including observing faculty, meeting with students who present dispositional issues, assisting with the skills lab, facilitating several large group exercises, and coordinating the faculty debriefing sessions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job duties and responsibilities can change at any time, with or without notice.
Field Experience Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implements and manages all procedures related to student field experience
- Oversee field experience site development and approval process
- Manages all elements of the technologies used to support the procedures related to student benchmarks and field experience in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Evaluate student eligibility for practicum and internship enrollment based on benchmark performance
- Evaluate field site and field site supervisors’ eligibility to serve as a SNHU field site based on CACREP standards
- Participate in workshops with subject matter experts, instructional designers and COCE outcomes and assessment staff to develop new programs that are pre licensure, certification leading, and/or has a field experience element.
- Ensure that field experiences and student development benchmarks are high quality and are appropriately rigorous
- Identify subject matter experts for program development that include a field experience element
- Analyze data related to student field experience to determine its strengths and weaknesses
- Recommend changes to programs and courses that have a field experience element based on data and informed, systematic analysis
- Coordinate training and communication related to field experience regarding new and revised programs and courses to stakeholders such as advising
- Handle student petitions at the program level related to field experience Coordinate and oversee faculty who teach practicum and internship courses
- Present field experience programs and courses to the curriculum committee for approval
- Years of relevant or specific experience: Three to five years’ experience administering online degree programs and working with curricular development
- Academic Degree(s) and/ areas of study: Doctorate in counseling from a CACREP-accredited program
Equivalent of experience in lieu of degree acceptable: ? Yes ? No
- Professional Certification(s): Current or previous licensure as a clinical mental health counselor.
- Demonstrated specific knowledge and experience in online program field experience and student development administration
- Knowledge of online program curriculum and development.
- Demonstrated experience making data driven decisions.
Related Jobs (68)
HR and Finance Systems Analyst (Remote Opportunity) on June 24, 2022 Remote
Adjunct Instructor of Teaching English as a Second Language on June 24, 2022 Remote