See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Director of Business Development
REPORTING TO: Senior Director of Sales
LOCATION: Remote (Midwest preferred, but open to other locations)
Travel: Requires up to 30% overnight travel (post Covid), with occasional travel for sales conferences
In this role you will target and drive sales of our flagship products which deliver best-in-class information about the nonprofit sector that is essential to customers’ mission and business success. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of enterprise level SaaS sales achievement in key verticals including, but are not limited to, education, finance, healthcare, insurance, professional services.
- Lead business development in assigned territory or verticals to maximize new account acquisition and renewal growth.
- Own the overall Candid customer relationship with the customers in the territory or vertical assigned.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers in- and outside key accounts; continue to expand executive level relationships at current customers.
- Possess exceptional market knowledge of the customer base, its business, strategy, research needs, and budgets.
- Drive customer loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Share customer insights with internal stakeholders to enhance product iteration that meets customers’ evolving needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in segment (country, industry, etc.) and align these market insights/intel with opportunities for Candid revenue growth.
- Track sales pipeline, leads, and sales cycle using Salesforce.com
- Attend and /or represent the organization and industry functions, such as nonprofit events and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, concentration in sales or business preferred.
- Experience selling into Financial Institutions, Universities and HealthCare organizations preferred.
- Proven track record selling technology and solutions in a B2B environment and selling SaaS products (3 to 5 years).
- Proven track record of sales success in a competitive sales environment, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals consistently.
- Relationship management.
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with senior level internal and external stakeholders.
- Adept at maximizing customer lifetime revenue.
- Experienced in strategic account planning; can connect the dots within customer’s institutions.
- Self-starter, Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Experience developing and maintaining a good rapport with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing work environment.
- High aptitude for utilizing current technology to achieve goals.
- Mission and value driven enthusiasm that reflects an entrepreneurial spirit with a great level of motivation.
- Sensitive and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.