Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University’s goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University’s training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Director, Partnerships and Community Outreach builds market position for Alliant International University’s California School of Education (CSOE) by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and establishing partnerships with school districts, charter schools and community organizations that address partner needs, provide value for the partner and leads to increased new student inquiries and interest in the University’s degree and credential programs. The Director will be responsible for building a stronger image and brand, growing program revenue streams, and contributing to the University and CSOE’s overall success. The Director will also work closely with Admissions, Marketing, Alumni Relations, Faculty and the CSOE Dean’s Office to ensure strategic coordination of all efforts. Overall, this person develops and maintains strategic, long-term partnerships with educational institutions and community organizations. They may also work closely with the Dean and other personnel of the CSOE, and potentially collaborate with other Schools or Programs of the University.
This position will mainly work remote, but as they will be supporting the growth of the California program, they must be located in and will be expected to travel frequently within the State of California
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Through a collaborative process, assesses needs and develops, implements, and evaluates strategies for partnerships with TK-12 schools, school districts, charter schools and community organizations that is focused on recruitment, retention and professional development of teacher candidates and partner employees/members.
- Grows partnerships by identifying, prioritizing, and executing on opportunities to create value for the partner.
- Aligns cross-functional teams to efficiently produce deliverables for partners by acting as the primary contact and coordinator.
- Develops clear timelines for partnership implementation and progress monitoring. Collaborates with applicable internal stakeholders to set priorities and deliverables and inspires teams to deliver success.
- Facilitates the establishment of MOUs with school districts for Intern and student teacher placement.
- Creates, executes, and maintains a business development portfolio and continuously develops interest and inquiries for degree and credential programs, and conveys the University’s mission, program and strategic initiatives.
- Develops and executes a quarterly strategic plan leading to university partnerships, internships for students and enrollment growth.
- Represents the University to a wide variety of agencies, groups, and individuals seeking to establish, develop and maintain long term community/educational partnerships as a bridge for potential teacher candidates and other employees/members to further their education and advance the profession.
- Demonstrates thorough University & CSOE program knowledge as well as TK-12 industry trends. Able to provide solutions to meet partner’s needs.
- Successfully transitions from establishing partnership / relationship to operations that include a marketing and communication strategy to partner organizations that includes outreach opportunities (information sessions/events) for student recruitment.
- Works directly with prospective students to educate them on the University & CSOE program offerings and admissions process.
- Represents other University schools (CSPP, CSML, CSFS, etc.) and programs as needed for university partnership development and student recruitment.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all activities, contacts, and accounts in CRM.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular PowerPoint and Outlook; and a CRM (Salesforce), or similar databases.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer-service skills, including sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with university partners, students and Alliant employees, as well as various academic departments.
- Experienced in developing and delivering presentations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, marketing or related fields from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Five (5) years in partnership development in the TK-12 industry or working in a TK-12 setting in professional development/teacher certification or related field. Experience working in higher education, knowledge of teacher preparation and certification programs and prior leadership/management experience is preferred. Background with understanding B2B relationship development. Great writing background with the ability to create a compelling narrative.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person’s identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 146924
Related Jobs (155)
Senior Integration Architect (Java/Node.js) – REMOTE on September 6, 2021 Remote
Associate Director for Expert Guidance, First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
Program Coordinator for First Scholars® Initiatives on September 6, 2021 Remote
ServiceNow Developer/Administrator – Remote Opportunity on September 6, 2021 Remote